• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Remove QSlide

Yeah, the de/re-compilation was the part that was just way too frustrating for me to want to type out.

Attached should be LGSystemUI minus QSlide, minus Quick Settings as well. If it's not for some reason (not on my main computer, just grabbed this off my phone), just let me know in the thread and I'll fix it when I get home.

i copied the last apk posted to my phone, moved to system/app with root explorer, set the permissions to RW-R--R-- like all the other files. Upon reboot system UI crashed over and over. Luckily i kept the original on my SD card and simply moved it back and rebooted.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I've modded LGSystemUI to hide the QSlide bar. Otherwise stock.

You must be rooted to apply this. The apk in the attached zip replaces /system/app/LGSystemUI.apk. I replaced this on my F3 using adb, but there are guides to replacing elsewhere online.

I take no responsibility if you brick.

I know this most likely isn't my fault, but when I click to download, it says "download unsuccessful" any ideas why?

Upvote 0
If you want to avoid the whole decompile/recompile/push file lolligag, try this:

(YOU MUST BE ROOTED IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK)
Download Xposed Framework from XDA. Google it.
Download Resflux from XDA. Google it.
Use Resflux in this order to make the magic happen:

Open Resflux after installation and reboot.
Click Laboratory.
Scroll down to your LGSystemUI.apk and click it.
At the top of the screen, choose "Boolean".
Now scroll down to:
<bool name="config_systemui_feature_floating_launcher">
Click it, then choose "False".
Reboot.

This should provide at least some safety net from permanently modding the apk since this modification loads upon startup each time rather than being coded straight into the apk. I just did it and it worked like a charm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones