1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Removing update notification?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by doggyworld, Jan 6, 2014.

1. doggyworld

doggyworld Newbie

Is there a way to remove the update notification that keeps popping up if I don't want to update? I'm perfectly fine with my rooted phone, but I'm afraid of hitting it by accident sometime. Where is the update file located?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chucksaysblah

chucksaysblah Android Enthusiast

Am I the only one that is blessed to not have recieved this update?

3. schpelTiger

schpelTiger Newbie

I haven't received the update yet. Based on what I've been reading about it, not sure I'm going to welcome it.

4. Permodius

Permodius Newbie

I would like to find this out too. Judging from the recent posts and threads created, it seems like this update would cause nothing but problems to a user like me who has rooted my phone, played around with the system files, and has generally made a lot of tweaks/changes to it. I would like for this update notification to just go away as to avoid having to unbrick my phone and start all over with the many tweaks I've made to my phone.

5. elgecko

elgecko Android Enthusiast

I’ll have to see if this works.
    I got another annoying pop-up stating about the update.
    I swiped down from the top tool bar to clear the notification, but this time for some reason I press and held the notification. A box popped up with app info. Clicked on app info and it opened a framework app under settings. There was a checkbox for notifications which I turned off. Got a message about maybe missing important updates with it turned off…. Think this should take care of the notifications about the OTA update…

6. elgecko

This did not keep the main software update notification from popping up.

7. kdude63

kdude63 Member

Thankfully I haven't either.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

delete

#8 Deleted User, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2018
  9. elgecko likes this.
  10. elgecko

11. adam97202

adam97202 Well-Known Member

I'm glad I thought to check here when that update notification popped up this morning...

There isn't much chance we're missing out on some must-have improvements by skipping/disabling this update, are we?

12. Sellenwood

Sellenwood Lurker

Thanks to the OTA update FORCED on me last night, my phone is now bricked. The screen won't acknowledge any swipes or threats.
    I'm on an LG VM720 (bought 9/13). I declined the update last night around midnight, but by the time I got up this morning it had already been implemented. Working with the idiots at Virgin Mobile was a waste, and even after a hard reset the device is still down.
    Until they send me a replacement, I'm screwed. Not sure if I should Root it until it's out of warranty, but any suggestions on avoiding another update would be appreciated.

13. bkttk2

bkttk2 Android Enthusiast

Info in this link may help.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6373482

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews