• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [ROM] AdvancedStock7 11/17/2014 OVERCLOCKED+STABLE+BATTERY_LIFE!

1997db276a4c06d058b181c9659899fb.jpg
f38f52b5c23c4069cf362025e62f652a.jpg
171d0694234516cc95f3c5874e108586.jpg

As you can see, it came back after one minute

Upvote 0
How would you guys like it if I included a custom OTA script in the ROM that would prompt you to update to a newer version of this custom ROM? Any one think this would be a good alternative to LG OTA?
I think that's a good idea. If you could get it working properly, that's cool. As long as it doesn't cause and problem. I'm not sure how it would work as the phone can't reboot recovery from the ROM itself

Upvote 0
OTA would be flashed manually - I want (and I am testing now) otaupdater.pro but it is giving me force closes all the time (Maybe fotakill.apk causing this) but I do not want LG OTA to be active if I remove fotakill. So it might be a while but an open source ota script everyone can use would be very cool none the less.

Upvote 0
Version 6 of this ROM has my own custom made OTA application. Although not complete, it can manually check for updates, and download as wanted. If you install version 6 or higher, the OTA Application is called Open OTA, and it is NOT AN LG OTA APPLICATION. It has been written by me for use in this ROM (and soon any ROM)

Upvote 0
I just keep coming with these updates! Version 9: the little baby of our ROMS weighing in at ~305MB to download, this ROM is one of the smallest ROMs for our phone.

It has a new boot animation, and shutdown animation.

It has new ringtones pulled from Android L (Beware Settings! if your ringtone was deleted you will have a null setting here, just reset it!)
Removed a bunch of SPRINT bloat. (WTF is Sprint doing in a Virgin Mobile ROM? And yes I know VM and Sprint are in the same boat, but I mean it just added weight.)
Removed modem flashing (I will include a supplimental back)(This removed ~50MB from the download.)
Updated OpenOTA to latest version.

Please enjoy this ROM.

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I have another idea for version 10:
I can do ONE of the following:

A. Include the SD card swap script (Which will run without you having to configure)
B. Include FolderMount (To only swap folders from each sdcard.

You guys decide. I would like to release Version 10 of the ROM tomorrow afternoon if possible. Let me know.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I removed everything I could find so far, but be warned: Some settings will not work properly (E.G. LG Lockscreen settings) until I can find a way to get it swapped to stock android lock screen completely.
The ROM is light, fast and stable for all to enjoy. even has custom OTA from me, and disabled LG/VM OTa.

Thanks for the kind words!

Upvote 0
Okay, I went a head and made an App that swaps the folder on boot, here is how that works:

On first boot it will attempt to swap the SD Cards and will say it completed, but you will need to reboot because it will end up marking the external SD card as both internal and external, after the second boot it will work fine.

Don't want to swap the SD Cards? Just disable the SDCard Swapper Fx3 app in the settings and reboot, then BAM no more sd card swap. (Or use a root app uninstaller to remove it.)

Version 10 is coming my friends.

Upvote 0
Version 11 released to deal with the following issues:

• MMS Issues fixed by just keeping LGMms.apk (LG's SMS APP)
  • Fixed lock screen issues by restoring LG's LockScreenSettings.apk(LG's Lock screen settings NOT Lock screen.)
  • Reinstalled LGHome3a.apk for better compatibility. (LGHome, but no themes with it so it is pretty light weight.)
So yeah this update should help some who need a password on the lock screen and such. I also removed email.apk and exchange.apk to save space, these took up space not a lot of people use them.

If you need it, I am updating the Supplemental Pack to include a couple more apps and should be released within the hour.

Reactions: bkttk2 and leeb0z
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones