1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Rom overclock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cell2011, May 25, 2014.

1. cell2011

cell2011 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Male
    caregiver/laborer
    charleston WV
    Is there any overclock on any roms here or kernels other than having to be loki'ed? For newbies i really dont want to always have to lg flash again and again or destroy my phone. Which rom is higher than 1.18 on this forum? I appreciate everything the devs do here for roms kernels etc.

Advertisement

2. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

May 24, 2012
    Male
    odd jobs atm
    NJ, USA
    Robaho is the only person most of us F3 owners know of that has made an overclock kernel. I know, it is loki'ed, but it works. If you want to update the system software to V6, you'll want to use his modified version so you can keep the overclock kernel. The V2 kernel on this thread has some thermal protection available, which should help with overheating issues.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile-optimus-f3-all-things-root/832728-overclock-kernel-v6.html

If you want a newer version with higher speeds, look for the V4 thread. That should also work if you update the phone with his V6, not the stock V6.

3. gherkaul

gherkaul Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 29, 2012
    Male
    Master craftsman
    Derby City
    Any modifications to boot or recovery images have to be loki patched to work on the f3's because of the locked bootloader...just the way it is I'm afraid. If you have a cwm custom recovery installed you can restore a nandroid backup if something goes wrong after flashing. The only time you should have to re-flash the firmware is if;

1) for some reason you can't enter recovery mode.

2) forget to make a nandroid backup first.

3) hard brick.

In most cases bootloops, bad flash, mod or script problems, soft-brick, etc., can all be fixed in recovery mode. Only when all else fails do you use the LG Flash Tool.

daffyducknj and bkttk2 like this.
  4. cell2011

cell2011 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Male
    caregiver/laborer
    charleston WV
    UPDATE !!! I got this doing the Terminal E way. Thanks for this Robaho