• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [Theme][VM-LS720] MysticBlu

gherkaul

Android Enthusiast
Feb 29, 2012
Derby City
mystic_preview.png

MysticBlu, as the name would imply, is a blue version of my theme. I also added and/or changed some of the icons and backgrounds used in the Purple Metallic version. The desktop clock is Digital Clock Widget Xperia and the dock icons are from Nexus Circle Cyano icon-pack.

[Instructions]
Always create a nandroid backup before flashing anything to your device. If you wish to remove the theme you can restore your backup. To install download and copy the zip file to your external sdcard then flash with cwm recovery. If you are using Link2SD you will need to re-link dalvik-cache after installation.

[Warning]
This mod is variant specific; meaning it has been tested and does NOT work on the Metro/TM versions of the F3.

Okay with that said it’s time for the disclaimer:
I will NOT be held responsible for anything unfortunate that happens to your device! You take responsibility for your own actions. Use at your own risk!!!

[Theme Download]__________________________________________

MysticBlu Theme

Thanks to:

bkttk2 – for all your help and being my go to tester

xclusive36 – for taking time to test. I know how busy your are with the CM project.

kentchristopher – for checking compatibility with the Metro/TM variant.

ThemeAuthor-1.png

If you like my work...please click the “Like” button!

Last edited:
MysticBlu, as the name would imply, is a blue version of my theme. I also added and/or changed some of the icons and backgrounds used in the Purple Metallic version. The desktop clock is Digital Clock Widget Xperia and the dock icons are from Nexus Circle Cyano iconpack. I re-odexed the files after editing since odex is much more efficient.

i say.. quite dashing and cool. like my phone wants to give me a high five!

Upvote 0
I got a bootloop after flash...xposed and gravity box conflict?

Ahhh..or is it for odex only

Yes, odex only would be correct. I don't use xposed framework so I have no idea if it conflicts with curtain modules. After some issues with removed odex file during the last ota update I decided to re-odex the apk's after I modified them. Just in case...;)
Plus the fact that odex apk and jar files are better then de-odex.

Upvote 0
Had some time last night to try this. For some reason, it's not working for me. My phone is on xclusive's v7 update. I made a nandroid and titanium backup before flashing this. After flashing in CWM, the phone was stuck in a boot loop, so I had to take out the battery, fully wipe my phone and sd-ext, and restore the latest nandroid.

I know I'm running an odex installation, so I'm not sure why this is happening. No xposed or gravity box on my F3. :thinking: I'd start fresh with V7, but that'll take more time than I can put in at the moment. I'm still using your purple theme, btw.

Upvote 0
Had some time last night to try this. For some reason, it's not working for me. My phone is on xclusive's v7 update. I made a nandroid and titanium backup before flashing this. After flashing in CWM, the phone was stuck in a boot loop, so I had to take out the battery, fully wipe my phone and sd-ext, and restore the latest nandroid.

I know I'm running an odex installation, so I'm not sure why this is happening. No xposed or gravity box on my F3. :thinking: I'd start fresh with V7, but that'll take more time than I can put in at the moment. I'm still using your purple theme, btw.
That's weird, because it's the same template used for Purple Metallic. The only difference is that I odexed the apks after modifying them. It must not be playing nice with X's update v7. I tell you what, I'll de-odex a copy and pm you a dl link. You can test it and let me know if it solves the problem. Give me so time to put it together though. :)

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
I had the exact same issue,, switch over to odexed worked no problem

Thanks for the input slkpmp. Since you and Daffy are having the same problem I've gone ahead and updated the OP link with the de-odexed version. There doesn't seem to be this issue with Purple Metallic. You know what they say; if it ain't broken don't fix it. :eek:

Reactions: slkpmp
Upvote 0
It did work well, until... I needed to make a phone call. The warning for com.android.phone (?) kept popping up the few times I tried to initiate a call.

I hadn't needed to make one until about an hour ago. Had to restore the nandroid I made just before flashing the deodexed Mystic Blu. This bites! I was enjoying using the theme... :(

Everything else was working fine. I was sending and receiving text messages, but if I can't even make a phone call, then what's the point? After restoring, I was able to make the important call, just in time.

Oh well, fun while it lasted. :eek:

Time for me to get outta here and enjoy the rest of my SoCal evening... hot, h0t, HHHHOOOOTTTT!!!! :p :D

Upvote 0
It did work well, until... I needed to make a phone call. The warning for com.android.phone (?) kept popping up the few times I tried to initiate a call.

I hadn't needed to make one until about an hour ago. Had to restore the nandroid I made just before flashing the deodexed Mystic Blu. This bites! I was enjoying using the theme... :(

Everything else was working fine. I was sending and receiving text messages, but if I can't even make a phone call, then what's the point? After restoring, I was able to make the important call, just in time.

Oh well, fun while it lasted. :eek:

Time for me to get outta here and enjoy the rest of my SoCal evening... hot, h0t, HHHHOOOOTTTT!!!! :p :D

Sorry to hear of the problems. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. :eek: Thanks for reporting it.

Reactions: daffyducknj
Upvote 0
Would the Contactsbin.apk and LGPhone_JB.apk be compatible with the AdvancedStock7 ROM (by Sandix)?

------------

I have not tried it myself. But since both are stock apps. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't work on any of the stock based roms. Just remember to remove any odex files if either are in the 'system/app' folder.

Always make a nandroid backup in recovery first! :D

Upvote 0
I have not tried it myself. But since both are stock apps. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't work on any of the stock based roms. Just remember to remove any odex files if either are in the 'system/app' folder.

Always make a nandroid backup in recovery first! :D

Just wanted to clear that first before using it. I prefer 'dark' themed apps, etc and the contacts and dialer for this theme would do the job.

Unfortunately, the CWM Nandroid Backup is not working properly on my phone. I can backup, however, when I restore - it fails on the data partition. I can create a Nandroid backup and then pull files out of it manually if I have to. Hopefully won't come to that point.

------------

Upvote 0
What you're experiencing is a factory reset. You can not restore data if it's been flagged for formatting. The only way this happens is if you enter recovery using any 'Reboot Recovery' option. I'm not saying that's what you are doing. I'm confident you know to use the key combo only. What else might be causing that to happen is a mystery to me at the moment. :thinking:

[Explanation]
When any 'Reboot Recovery' option is used it sets a flag for formatting data at the next system boot. The actual wiping/formatting of the data partition does not happen until after you exit recovery. Recovery sees the flag as well and fails to restore data. It's just going to get wiped anyway as soon as you boot the system. Normally if you accidentally used RR option. You have to cycle thru a reboot and back into recovery (using the key combo). ;) The restoration of the data image will work as normal.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying that's what you are doing. I'm confident you know to use the key combo only. What else might be causing that to happen is a mystery to me at the moment. :thinking:

I have never used anything to boot into recovery but the key combinations. Understand that you have to ask - I would do the same :D

Is there a way to 'reset' that flag - even though I've never booted into recovery with any other method other than key combinations?

------------

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones