1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] This the right place for Boost Mobile phones?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Memorra, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Memorra

Memorra Lurker

I have a LG ls720 which I have determined to be the LG Optimus F3 phone, but the ATR subforums are for virgin mobile / sprint and I see no listing of boost mobile, so before I attempt to use the list methods to root and install CWM and so forth I would like confirmation where I need to be for Boost Mobile phone.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sandix

sandix Android Enthusiast

TowelRoot will work for sure.

And according to the device tree for the Virgin Mobile F3, it is compatible with the Boost Variant. I WOULD BE PREPARED TO DO THE UNBRICK METHOD IF YOU TRY CWM.

So I would root first, then just customize your ROM to your needs. I would avoid CWM, unless you don't mind a high chance of bricking. But it would be nice to know if they are compatible.

3. Memorra

Memorra Lurker

Mostly I want to do the switcheroo on the internal/external memory thing so I can use my SDcard for apps and not be so limited, its a non-activated phone that I use mainly for wifi and to play games and such. So rooting is probably all I need for that then.

4. sandix

5. gherkaul

gherkaul Android Enthusiast

Installing a custom recovery WILL NOT brick a phone. Entering recovery incorrectly will cause a factory reset, yes, but that is not the same as bricking the device. If the recovery is incompatible or the result of a bad flash the phone will just reboot back into the OS.

6. Memorra

Memorra Lurker

Anyone have a handy link to the memory swapping thread, I had it mere moments ago but cannot seem to find it now

7. gherkaul

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=801368 [MOD]App2External_SD (Fixed Duplicate files)

Memorra likes this.
  8. sandix

If the phone itself forces a factory data reset during the incorrect boot of recovery it could brick the device because stock recovery is over written. I mean I could be wrong on that aspect, but I figured better to be safe than sorry. You know?

9. gherkaul

I understand your concern but the recovery partition is not part of the OS boot sequence.

10. sandix

It kinda is since we had to modify the boot loader to get past "Secure Boot" but I suppose there wouldn't really be any risk.

11. sandix

All I know is that I had a problem with it in the past but it could have been unrelated.

LG Optimus F3 Forum

The LG Optimus F3 release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2460mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews