• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [TUTORIAL] CM10.1 on VM GS3

Hope all my fellow Americans' holiday went well...idk about you guys, but the fourth is a four-day holiday here! I'm only just now recovering :D

That being said, I just got around to writing some more, and I'm happy to say that I updated the second post with the steps!

Will add a step four (MMS fix) once I check it out myself.

Also updating third post with additional thank-yous.

And to everyone in general, thanks a ton for the support. I'm proud enough of myself for feeling motivated to write this up, but everybody's support only makes it that much easier.

Upvote 0
I already have a custom recovery and root access can I still do this? (from here)http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...9490-guide-rooting-recovery-galaxy-s3-vm.html and also can you post the guide on hot to get mms working on your guide?

Yup, you can still do this. What recovery do you have? I don't think it matters, but I'd just like to know in case you run into any problems.

I posted the MMS fix as step four yesterday, probably should have posted that I updated, but I didn't want to double post :D

Upvote 0
So after doing this my baseband version is still md7, I would think it would say MD4 but I was still able to flash a sprint rom (liquidsmooth) Maybe I'm just missed something?

Nah, mine says MD7 too. I'd honestly like to tell you I know why but I don't. If I had to guess, the baseband version number is stored in the modem file we exchanged, but I don't know. Thanks for pointing that out...

Reactions: Dilwann
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hey OP why did you not simply do all the steps and provide a finished zip with instructions... i know it is about learning great the info is there but why not also provide a completed version or near completed at least.

because honestly i'm not sure how to do that. i don't know how to make a zip that would contain both the rom and the firmware. if that's possible, i suspect it would be flashed from odin, but idk.

i could make a zip for the firmware with the modified firmware though. i was just feeling kinda lazy after doing all the research hah. where can i host it?

Upvote 0
because honestly i'm not sure how to do that. i don't know how to make a zip that would contain both the rom and the firmware. if that's possible, i suspect it would be flashed from odin, but idk.

i could make a zip for the firmware with the modified firmware though. i was just feeling kinda lazy after doing all the research hah. where can i host it?

get the file to me and i can upload it to a server i have access to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones