1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Mobile completely back to out of the box Stock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mluna91, Oct 25, 2014.

1. mluna91

mluna91 Lurker

Guys I am really sorry about this if it is a repost. I'm going crazy trying to find a stock .tar for my virgin mobile galaxy s3. I want to start fresh and get it back to the orignal stock firmware the phone comes with. The stock .tar's I have flashed so far are kinda wonky and the center button won't work on them. If there is a guide in the all things root section and I missed it completely :thinking::( could you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

2. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

If you are on 4.4.2 there is no going back. Flashing an older stock tar will hard brick your phone.

3. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Here is a link to the stock KitKat virgin mobile tar.

mluna91 and hatredg0d like this.
  4. mluna91

mluna91 Lurker

Madbat, thanks for the link. That is the tar that I have flashed but it just seems a little off to me I don't know why. Am I bugging out or is the home button not functional here?

5. elgecko

elgecko Android Enthusiast

I believe that's the tar I have flashed before on my phone.
    Home button works fine for me. Was it working fine before?

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Home button worked fine for me. Have you had any problems in the past with your home button? You could always use kies3 to go stock. Or get the firmware from sammobile.

7. undogooder

undogooder Lurker

Hi to all! Sorry if this is answered somewhere but I am working a lot and have little time to track down the answer. I rooted my s3 4.3 mk5 and want to update to 4.4.2. I thought I read a while back that I would have to install a stock 4.3, then update to 4.4.2 & then put a rooted version on the phone. Is this the case(I think so) or can I install a rooted 4.4.2 and skip reverting? Thanks in advance!

8. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Just Odin the 4.4.4 tar and done.

9. peter counias

peter counias Android Enthusiast

Where can I find this 4.4.4 tar you are talking about ????

10. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

4.4.2 :)

Madbat likes this.
  11. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Oh yeah. Lol. That's what I meant. 4.4.2. First you need Odin on your computer. Then get the stock 4.4.2 virgin mobile tar here

12. comps

comps Android Enthusiast

official, all the way even recovery?

13. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Yes official from kies

14. mogulmongler

mogulmongler Newbie

Can someone please point me in the right direction? :

I had my VM S3 on liquidsmooth 4.4.4. I recently sold the phone to someone, and would like to return to stock. I'm not sure what to flash to get back to stock. I would really like to keep this on Liquidsmooth for the person who bought it, but I believe VM need to refresh the PRL when she adds the phone to her account. Am I missing something here?

15. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Here ya go dude. virgin s3 stock rom

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews