1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] VM Throttle Removal through DATA menu

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doyle524, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Doyle524

Doyle524 Newbie

So I recently got my MSL and decided I'd try the method given HERE. I think I did it all correctly (see the attached pics), but I got a text saying I've used up 85% of my data. I started a new month before changing these settings; VM shouldn't be able to see my usage with this method, right? Have they changed something? What else do I need to do to get this working? Thanks

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Racutt

Racutt Newbie

1, blur out that account in the first pic
    2, I feel like this could get your account terminated

3. Doyle524

Doyle524 Newbie

I'm on mobile, so I can't edit the pics. That account means nothing to me personally, I haven't used that in my life. Does it contain sensitive information or anything? (Asking seriously) EDIT: Blurred.

If for some reason they terminate my account, they lose money. This is a prepay carrier, not a contract carrier, and I legally own my phone. Pretty much, I lose nothing. I also doubt they pay people to browse these forums...

Does anybody have an answer to my original question?

4. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

Actually if you live in the USA that would be a bad move right now. AT&T is facing fines right now for offering "unlimited" data plans. Read about it a little bit as technically the outcome of this case will apply to our carrier.

5. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Its different in the case of att.
    The complaint charges that AT&T violated the FTC Act by changing the terms of customers

Doyle524 likes this.
  6. Doyle524

Doyle524 Newbie

7. superluigi

superluigi Newbie

I did what you did on my phone a few months ago and it doesn't disable throttling, for me at least.

8. SgtMacabre

SgtMacabre Member

I hate to tell u but.. This doesnt work.. Nothing will stop throttling

SuppliedRelic likes this.
  9. Doyle524

Doyle524 Newbie

What I did apparently used to work, as did certain ROMs... I wonder when VM will start selling data packs for unthrottled usage beyond 2.5GB. I'm actually seriously considering switching to T Mobile, because they offer 5GB unthrottled for $40 (no minutes or texting, but you can do that over VOIP and such anyway) before downgrading to 3G. We're being throttled to an extremely low benchmark 2G service here, so it's a step up in every way imaginable... I might buy the Nexus 6 through them to start :)

10. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

I just checked the VM website, they have a 3 GB plan now. Not much more but a step in the right direction.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews