• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [VMOBI][ROM][KERNEL] Victorious ROM + VaeVictus OC kernel (Updated 7-30-13)

I am running victorious 0.3.1. everything working great except for camera. I get a camera failed error everytime. The gallery works fine, but the camera wont work. Even when I restored my backup from TWRP, same result. If you can fix my camera, I will stay on this rom for life.LOL Thanks in advance!

The developer of this ROM dropped out.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Madbat
Upvote 0
I am running victorious 0.3.1. everything working great except for camera. I get a camera failed error everytime. The gallery works fine, but the camera wont work. Even when I restored my backup from TWRP, same result. If you can fix my camera, I will stay on this rom for life.LOL Thanks in advance!

Did you follow the update directions to the letter? I ask because both my stock and 4.3 camera working 100%. Actually, the Rom itself is functioning superbly on my device.

Upvote 0
How does one go about putting the CPU/GPU back to default speeds?
Well I'm a novice at this, but if you followed the directions I think you would have no-frills CPU control app like I have. so open it Then you can change the max freq. I found changing the governor made a lot of diff too (to batttery charge life) - I'm using "on demand" at present and limiting freq to max 1.35GHz. the top right menu tag opens stats which show I've been on top speed 11% and bottom speed 74% - I htink the 11% time at top speed must use up a lot power if it's up a lot higher in frequency.

Upvote 0
No frills is ok.. There are better ones out there. I only said trickster because it allows individual control of CPU cores.
But no frills is perfect for starting out. Good recommendation.
You're way ahead of me. I was only reporting on the one I roboticly installed according to instructions, that's the only one I've seen - in case that was any use to other newbies.

My root is still working well, although it crashes occasionally.

Upvote 0
I have it but its huge and I don't have a file host to upload it to. You can download it by components here http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6073135 he broke it down for ppl to troubleshoot. Its the most recent and its the whole thing, just broken down to components to see why a few ppl were getting bootloops. Turns out it was only that some phones can't handle the overclock kernel. :cool: you don't have to reboot after each flash unless you're having trouble with the ROM. Just flash each one then wipe cache and dalvik.

Upvote 0
There's no apps2sd mod, just extSD2internalSD. To remove it, delete this file:

/system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd

That's the script that works the magic, remove it and you should be back to using the phone's SDcard as internal and your SDcard as external.

I am wanting to remove the external to internal swap so that I can more readily access the card without shutting the phone off. Plus, I have a suspicion it may be causing me some minor lag issues - though that is secondary to easier access to the card. Is deleting the file mentioned above the only thing I need to do? And maybe reboot?

Should I do a TWRP backup first?

I do wish to continue using Link2SD though. However, do I need to unlink everything first, then relink after removing the external2internal swap?

I also have a symbolic link that I experimented around with for a while with Google Play Music a year or so ago. I don't remember exactly what my issue was, but I think I was trying to get "pinned" music out of system memory maybe. Anyway, I couldn't put the folder containing the music on the "new" internal card (which was actually the external card) because it had the same name as the folder that Music Hub was using. So I put it on the phone's internal card which was now being considered external. I assume I need to remove this link too? Maybe even delete the folder and let Play Music create another one? It looks like Play Music actually allows you to choose internal or external now, something I don't think it had as an option when I originally did this. Turns out I haven't been using it anyway, but think I might start. The files that get "pinned" seem to be smaller than the original mp3s, and I even used Play Music as a way to stop needing itunes to manage music on my iPod Touch. I simply deleted all the songs on the iPod, then made a playlist in Google Play Music to pin on the Ipod. Works pretty good, and I don't need any Apple software whatsoever on my computer to manage music on my iPod now.

Upvote 0
I recently rooted my virgin mobile epic 4g touch samsung galaxy s2 with a sprint root, when it finished it turned my service to sprint and even when it turn the phone sprints logo comes up is there anyway I can get the service back to virgin mobile myself?

Wrong thread. This is for the galaxy victory. But I would look for a stock .tar for Odin for your phone. And never use anything that isn't for your phone and carrier unless you know what you're doing!:D

Upvote 0
The sound is built into the kernel, (initlogo.rle) so just flash stock kernel. Of course you will lose over clock capability. Or flash teachme's performance kernel. Unless you know how to compile ramdisk to remove the bootsound.
Don't think my mom cares about overclocking. If she's still complaining next weekend, I'll flash stock. Thanks.

Upvote 0
If you made a backup before flashing victorious, restore the boot only and that will give you back stock kernel. :cool: (boot.img is kernel)

Aren't the sounds located in system/media/audio/ui in the virgin mobile directory? I thought I remembered deleting the boot and shutdown noise there but I don't have the Rom anymore so can't be sure.

Also muting the phone before shutdown is a workaround.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones