• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [Vmobi][WIP][ROM] CM10 AOSP 4.1.2

G

g60madman

logo.png

README:
Welcome to CyanogenMod 10 AOSP 4.1.2. I currently do NOT own the phone so donations are very much appreciated :)

ROM STATUS
You tell me :)

UPDATE:
8/18/13
Started repo's over again on branch jellybean

ROM INSTALL:
Since I have no clue what is working or not working I need some testers to use some logcats's from boot and post on pastebin with links in this thread. Please make sure to backup the phone before proceeding with the load as this is ALPHA! Also let me know what is or isn't working so we can get a running list.

DOWNLOAD
Team Vmobi

DONATIONS:
Send me a beer if you appreciate my work!

SOURCE
https://github.com/vmobi-d2vmu

I lost my shit when I saw you post in this section of the forums. I won't get my GS3 until discount kicks in at Best Buy around the beginning of July so... Got a bit of time.

I'm still using my 3VO right now, thats why I remember you :p I haven't heard of TheBritton though. Look forward to good things.

Upvote 0
I lost my shit when I saw you post in this section of the forums. I won't get my GS3 until discount kicks in at Best Buy around the beginning of July so... Got a bit of time.

I'm still using my 3VO right now, thats why I remember you :p I haven't heard of TheBritton though. Look forward to good things.

TheBritton is a Guide, me and him go back since the Triumph days, then the Evo V 4g, and then the Victory. Then the bastard had to go buy an S3 LMAO :D so while I still don't have the phone I am working on it and hoping to have a bootable rom by tonight. With donations (hoping), and selling some stuff on Ebay I will be moving to the S3 in time. If the TheBritton buys something else I am going to stay put...you hear me Britton!!! This is the last time I play catch the Guide LMAO! My Wife almost killed me when I asked for another phone, it hasn't even been 2 months hahah! Good times :p

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
First ROM has been posted. If people could snag a logcat from first boot and post it so I can see what is what. Let me know :)

Tried flashing, the log displayed
"Finding update package..."
"Opening update package..."
"Installing update...", then, "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vmu" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vmu" E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20130625-UNOFFICIAL-d2vmu.zip (Status 7)

Upvote 0
Tried flashing, the log displayed
"Finding update package..."
"Opening update package..."
"Installing update...", then, "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vmu" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vmu" E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20130625-UNOFFICIAL-d2vmu.zip (Status 7)

You have to go into the updater-script and delete the first line.... our version of CWM does not support it. Backing up and flashing now... I've got a min before work...

Upvote 0
TheBritton is a Guide, me and him go back since the Triumph days, then the Evo V 4g, and then the Victory. Then the bastard had to go buy an S3 LMAO :D so while I still don't have the phone I am working on it and hoping to have a bootable rom by tonight. With donations (hoping), and selling some stuff on Ebay I will be moving to the S3 in time. If the TheBritton buys something else I am going to stay put...you hear me Britton!!! This is the last time I play catch the Guide LMAO! My Wife almost killed me when I asked for another phone, it hasn't even been 2 months hahah! Good times :p

Haha!! Man I think I'm gonna actually sick with this device awhile. I thought that about the S2 but then the Victory came out with LTE. I missed the larger screen, larger phone storage and high resolution camera but I was happy to have LTE. But then the S3 came out with the best of both phones so here we are.

I have a feeling this device will lead to a lot of fun and some serious developing for a long time to come.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones