• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile Warranty

The Intercept was fairly solid with properly working BT, GPS and Camera as I recall. No random reboots. WiFi and 3G reception on mine was excellent. Yes, the screen on the MT is very large in comparison, and yes, you can feel the speed difference and yes, it has front and rear facing cameras with a flash LED, and yes, HDMI out and yes it can run FLASH, and yes it is thin...

Upvote 0
The Intercept was fairly solid with properly working BT, GPS and Camera as I recall. No random reboots. WiFi and 3G reception on mine was excellent. Yes, the screen on the MT is very large in comparison, and yes, you can feel the speed difference and yes, it has front and rear facing cameras with a flash LED, and yes, HDMI out and yes it can run FLASH, and yes it is thin...
I was helping a buddy of mine with his Intercept... I about chucked it across the parking lot. Sure everything works but its slow as all get-out. ;) I'm having problems with my GPS as well as the chargig port. AGAIN! I will call again. We shall see!
rvarn:cool:

Upvote 0
Ok, just got the replacement phone in. Fedex overnight is great. Model is also 6/11, but is 039.

There's some glitter and hair in the earpiece.

I try to do a phone swap online and it tells me to call in. Meanwhile I hit activate on the phone, and it activates with someone else's number.

I google the number, and get this: it belongs to a PROSTITUTE in connecticut.

So I've been on the phone with VM for the past hour and a half now. Got disconnected 3 times, and transferred 5 times so far. Each person says the same story about how they can't do anything, but they'll put notes on the account so I won't have to say the same thing over and over again. But of course, the next person each time says there's no record and I have to explain everything again.

And of course, with each person, they apologize and say the best they can do is to ship me another phone and I ship this one back. But after arguing, they say they can transfer me to someone who can simply remove the phone from the other person's account so I can activate

update: everything is straightened out. phone is working great. just noticed the area around the microusb port is all dinged up from the last owner. heh

Upvote 0
Ok, just got the replacement phone in. Fedex overnight is great. Model is also 6/11, but is 039.

There's some glitter and hair in the earpiece.

I try to do a phone swap online and it tells me to call in. Meanwhile I hit activate on the phone, and it activates with someone else's number.

I google the number, and get this: it belongs to a PROSTITUTE in connecticut.

Dude, I think you got Ke$ha's old phone!

Reactions: iSnow and ziddey
Upvote 0
How would you guys rate the condition of your refurbished phone?

Just got my replacement from vm.... it is scratched up on all four corners and there's a scratch on the screen.... It's disappointing because my current phone has no dents or scratches. only problem with it is that it overheats like crazy.

Upvote 0
Got my replacement MT yesterday. They sent it out 2 day Fedex and the overall cosmetics of it looks great. If I didn't know any better, I would say it was a new MT. I installed CWM and installed CM7 right off the bat and everything seems to be working great.

I am not going to comment on the GPS yet as I am not done testing it but I will update once I have finished checking it out.

Overall I am pleased so far with it and the process of exchanging the phone couldn't have been easier.

~Novak

Upvote 0
Well, I asked them about my charging input disconnecting the phone from the computer and charger, and they sent me a new charger ... thats alright because now my LCD screen cracked some how, I have absolutely no idea how.
So I have a question.
Without thinking I swapped back to my old samsung intercept cause I need a phone, and they told me I need to have my broken MT activated on my account so they can replace it. Once I do that what would the next step be? I ask because sometimes they take a little while to respond to emails. and once I activate it, can I still use my samsung?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Simple: Call them. I wasted about 4 days waiting for them to email me back. It took no more than 5 minutes on the phone to tell them my phone was broken and they sent me a new one. Didn't even ask what was wrong, just confirmed the phone wasn't working.

See if they mention activation over the phone otherwise forget about it. They say some weird stuff in emails, originally said my phone wasn't covered for repair.

Cheers,

Upvote 0
well gave them a call this morning, all was going good, until about 40 min into it the guy just hung up on me with out saying anything, and I didnt have the time to call back, because I had to go to work, so now I am stuck with out a phone which has me getting frustrated with them.
Any one ever experience this?

Upvote 0
well gave them a call this morning, all was going good, until about 40 min into it the guy just hung up on me with out saying anything, and I didnt have the time to call back, because I had to go to work, so now I am stuck with out a phone which has me getting frustrated with them.
Any one ever experience this?
that's pretty normal. call when you have more time.

Upvote 0
well I called again and I was told everything was good and that I can expect a MT in the mail in the next couple business days and the lady was nice and helped me add my old phone back to my account so I would have a phone to use in the mean time... which made me happy again. Now I just received an email saying they received my request for the MT but I cannot receive it because it is not active in my account.. they are really starting to get me frustrated. any advice?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones