• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Who wants a flashable ZIP to install stock ROM?

Make flashable stock ROM?

• Yes

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
I vote yes as well. Might be a better choice, in some instances , than restoring someone else's stock backup. Also the unrooted and stock recovery options are brilliant. Stock recovery will probably come in handy if there's another official firmware update. You've done so much for this phone, think I'm gonna have make a donation.

Upvote 0
lol oops wrong link. i fixed it. i have no idea why bluetooth sometimes stops. it doesn't do it all the time, for instance: on my phone I have never had to flash the bluetooth fix. It has something to do with the script that loads (downloads?) the bluetooth firmware.

Conversely, every so often my phone simply reboots and I have to run the fix. Which makes me wonder why it stops working but I've had no luck in pinpointing it.

Upvote 0
Conversely, every so often my phone simply reboots and I have to run the fix. Which makes me wonder why it stops working but I've had no luck in pinpointing it.

Mine used to do that, I unlinked any link2sd links, (wow over use of the word "link") and wiped everything and started over. Even completely uninstalled all user apps and reinstalled from play store instead of restoring backups. Went completely stock and then set everything back up the way I wanted with fresh data, hasn't randomly rebooted since.

Upvote 0
Not to say that my phone has never lost Bluetooth. Back before I started Conquest, I lost it once. I tried to fix it by restoring G60's backup but that didn't work so I tried comps' backup and that fixed it right up. I have no idea why. All I know for sure is that comps' backup has the data partition whereas G60's does not.

Reactions: badbrainseddie
Upvote 0
Mine used to do that, I unlinked any link2sd links, (wow over use of the word "link") and wiped everything and started over. Even completely uninstalled all user apps and reinstalled from play store instead of restoring backups. Went completely stock and then set everything back up the way I wanted with fresh data, hasn't randomly rebooted since.

Not running any link2sd links :p I've justaccepted that I'll have to reinstall the fix once every two weeks. Not a big deal

Upvote 0
Hey Moonknightus,

Thanks a ton for putting this together, you rock n roll. I hope you don't mind that I deodexed the apks/framework and replaced them in my personal flashing of your work and it flashed with no problems. I uploaded them to media fire if you or anyone else needs them.
Here are the deodexed apks/framework in rar archive (non-flashable/need to extract)

https://www.mediafire.com/?ud0yyuj1u1qb32a Apks
https://www.mediafire.com/?ayfoni8vig1078g Framework

Yeah you right!

BadBrainsEddie
New Orleans, LA

Upvote 0
Hey Moonknightus,

Thanks a ton for putting this together, you rock n roll. I hope you don't mind that I deodexed the apks/framework and replaced them in my personal flashing of your work and it flashed with no problems. I uploaded them to media fire if you or anyone else needs them.
Here are the deodexed apks/framework in rar archive (non-flashable/need to extract)

https://www.mediafire.com/?ud0yyuj1u1qb32a Apks
https://www.mediafire.com/?ayfoni8vig1078g Framework

Yeah you right!

BadBrainsEddie
New Orleans, LA

I didn't create the base ROM, Samsung did. I just packaged it up in a nice flashable zip with Aroma and a few options created by some other people. As far as I'm concerned, you can do with it as you wish. Feel free to use it as a base for your own custom ROM, tear apart the updater scripts to get a feel for how Aroma works, etc.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried this with any other kernels or Roms but wanted to thank you Moons for The Flashable Zip Recovery & everyones Work & Development on This Phone

Now back to about Kernel I used Moons Flashable Stock & Kernel &
Instead of SetCpu or Any other Over Clocking App Coming From HTC Evo V4G Aka 3D Used Kernal Tuner & Found it Works With Stock Kernal on This Phone For Linking CPU Speeds @ Same Time

Attachments

• 1393982296708.jpg
    1393982296708.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0
I know this is the wrong thread,sorry,but serious issues here.. I'm on conquest now, I'm getting a lot of Google FC's, so I went to restore to stock and somehow both my backups are gone. So I went to DL a stock ROM, tried two of them, this one and one in vmroms, but it won't let me click on it. Also I keep getting an error #67 for this forum and vmroms. I've been signed in for a while. Ill try to reinstall Tapatalk and try online. I switched back to my other phone for now

RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones