• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] will the sony bravia engine work with this phone?

spd890

Sep 3, 2012
ignoring the debate on weather it actually does anything or not I want to test it. should i expect to run into any problems? for any one who wants to know its suppose to enhance the color of video and pictures while denoising them in the simplest terms. theres a couple rom apps that have the option to install it.

Highly doubt it, unless there are devices that use Bravia with an MSM8960 chipset.

The processor & GPU architecture and instruction sets most likely need to be near identical to make it work, and even then it would take a ridiculous amount of effort. Maybe just gpu, but even so, a huge task.

Edit: looks like I was wrong, it seems to be a top-layer filter. "Engine" is a misnomer, I thought it was an acceleration/AA layer between the hardware and the OS. From what I'm reading, it's just a contrast modifier display adjustment, and works on any Android 4+ phone. So yeah, should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones