Root [Virgin Mobile] Wrong time/date on back-ups from PhilZ Custom Recovery

GreyCelt

My backups from PhilZ Recovery have the wrong time & date. Also, the time & date are off by about 2 hours & 45 minutes when I'm in recovery even after correcting for time zone.

Anyone else have this issue? I've looked on here and done searches elsewhere with no luck.

struckn

Android Expert
This doesn't necessarily help your cause, but for the record my time and date have had no issues once I changed to the correct Greenwich offset in the GUI Preferences settings menu.

papa b

I had this problem too. It seems like some of us have it and those that don't have no idea what, why, etc.

After upgrading to jd's knox-free 4.3 ROM, I decided to flash the dkp kernel. I did nandroid backups immediately before and after flashing the kernel... only a few minutes between them.

As expected, the filename for the first nandroid used a date/time from 1970 however the second nandroid had a correct date and time for both filename and "modified".

Since then, I have flashed CM11, restored back to 4.3, etc. which means the kernel has changed but my time and date are always correct in recovery.

I haven't restored any pre-dkp backups yet but when I do I'll update here whether or not the correct time/date stayed...