1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Virgin/Ntlworld email.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rwleigh, Dec 30, 2012.

1. rwleigh

rwleigh Member

What is everybody else out there using for there Virgin/Ntlworld emails?

I was using the Gmail app and set my online Gmail account to fetch my mail from Virgin but then decided to try the native mail app on my One X which was easy to set up and worked fine. However, after a few days it always deletes the mail in your inbox with no option i could find to save or keep certain emails. This annoyed me so i went on the hunt for an alternative and found K9-mail which was getting good reviews so i installed that. After setting up my mail account and testing i found that although it was very customisable and looked good, the emails deleted even quicker from my inbox and again no way of keeping them. I've since tried Email Exchange which again looked ok and was easy to setup but it has the same problem. Is there any email client out there that works with Virgin/Ntlworld and doesn't keep deleting your mail without any option to save?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Are you sure they are deleting from the server, or just disappearing from your phone? If they are disappearing from your phone (and staying on the server) then there are options on how much email will be displayed on your phone.

If it is actually deleting the messages from the email server, I don't know what it is and thus I can't be much help, sorry. Hopefully someone else knows the answer in that case.

3. rwleigh

rwleigh Member

It's not deleting them from the server, just the phone which is set to display the last 50 emails.

4. GuitarG20

You should be able to set the phone to display an amount specified by days. Or at least you can in the HTC mail client.

5. rwleigh

rwleigh Member

Really! I was using the HTC mail client until just recently and had not noticed that option. I still wonder though why would any mail client delete any mail from your inbox automatically without you deleting it specifically?

6. GuitarG20

It's probably in the name of saving space on the device. I can't double-check personally, because I don't have access to my device right now, but hopefully someone can check on theirs. I'm fairly sure it's an option.

7. rwleigh

rwleigh Member

Right so i've just setup my email account in HTC mail again and have know set it to 7 days. Why i didn't notice that option before i don't know but i'll see what happens now.

Thanks for the heads up.

GuitarG20 likes this.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews