1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin/Sprint] [Kernel] Desire 510 (Write Protection removed)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbheromax, Dec 1, 2014.

1. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

well it seems the only way i can get the kernel to boot with both cameras working, is to have stock kernel flashed and fastboot boot my boot image....
    im going to look into this more

Advertisement

2. Zedordie

Zedordie Newbie

This is some impressive progress you guys are making! Great job!

rbheromax likes this.
  3. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

This is just the beginning wait till i get a working device tree and start building CM and AOKP. But, Cricket users will get the best because i can build 5.0 from AOSP since the device is GSM.

4. LarryBoyG

LarryBoyG Newbie

Is there anyway you can upload the stock kernel? The one with write protect still enabled?

5. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Give me a few minutes

LarryBoyG likes this.
  6. adamxbenett

adamxbenett Lurker

Testing kernel and it works great however I have no access to front camera and when I try moving apps to sd and it fails..all bloat removed tho with no issues and ready for stock till custom finished....is there any way I could please get stock kernel for USA virgin mobile? If helps I know how to get a backup from stock one I just didn't make one of my own till found right app to do it...if need app it's called flashify..it also flashes custom ones without need for adb without issues, but yeah if can please send me link to stock one

7. MrMike2182

MrMike2182 Newbie

Is there any way to stop the Desire 510 from Virgin Mobile from automatically updating on it's own? I'm only asking because for some reason my phone keeps reinstalling a bunch of crap like My Account or Mobile ID and Amazon preloaded and on top of that it totally changes my home screen back to the way it looked when I first got the phone including changing the background picture back to virgin mobile's and removes all the apps I had and goes back to whatever it had when first bought again... I even unchecked auto update and set it to never update in both the play store and inside of the Virgin Mobile account but it just keeps doing this without any input from me. It's annoying to say the least!

8. adamxbenett

adamxbenett Lurker

theres a way to stop my account from updating...all need to do is go into app and goto settings and uncheck update...i dont like the latest update it likes crashing so i removed update in phone settings before unchecking everything in app...as for the mobile id app i have no idea..im wondering if its safe to remove it using titanium backup

9. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

10. adamxbenett

adamxbenett Lurker

11. LarryBoyG

LarryBoyG Newbie

So the kernel source is wrong for the sprint/boost/virgin variant. How do I inform HTC to recheck their source?

12. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

The source is right. We just don't have the right config. I got most of the stuff figured out. I just need to find more info on FFC. It's something with the qfuses I think. Gotta dig in the source for more answers. I'll probably get it done before HTC even replies with an email Lmfao

13. LarryBoyG

LarryBoyG Newbie

So your thinking that maybe a qfuse is blowin the ffc out during boot? Isn't qfuses associated with the bootloader?

14. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

No its not being blown. But rather, not read. Its not only associated with bootloader. It can be used for DRM (think like how Sony does with wiping TA partition, they could implement a feature restricting writing to it again once boot loader is unlocked so people can't restore the DRM keys). In OUR case, the fuses are a sort of device config l telling what can be with what hardware we have

15. Ben Cosier

Ben Cosier Lurker

16. CHRSplusRND

CHRSplusRND Lurker

I believe HTC has it available on their site.
    Since they have been listening to dev requests, they most likely should have it.
    http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

#41 CHRSplusRND, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  17. CHRSplusRND

CHRSplusRND Lurker

Will the camera issue be fixed if not done already?
    It's a bummer to have a selfie phone without a functional camera

Rado likes this.
  18. Rado

Rado Lurker

Just a quick question, is that works for GSM? Did the front camera / SD card/ FFC already fix? Respect for your hard work guys!

19. anand9892

anand9892 Lurker

can someone help me to fix the front camera/selfie issue -how to fix it htc desire 510 sprint

20. jacob dj

jacob dj Newbie

Dose anyone know if cm12 can be on the desire or miui rom????

21. zarni0

zarni0 Lurker

Can we get one for CDMA devices? It says Sprint but Sprint is not gsm.

HTC Desire 510 Forum

The HTC Desire 510 release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews