1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Virgin vs. Metro PCS

Discussion in 'Virgin Mobile' started by byulax22, May 29, 2011.

1. byulax22

byulax22 Member
    None

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I'm ready to drop my Verizon service and take the plunge in to the world of prepaids. I've decided I'm going to get an LG Optimus Andriod phone, but I'm trying to decide between Virgin & Metro PCS as my carrier. Can anyone tell me if the data download speed will be faster with Virgin or Metro (assuming no 4G)? I'm confident the voice service will be similar (I'm in the Dallas area). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Metro PCS does not have 3g speeds. From everything I've seen on here, Metro gets around 44kbps where with VM I'm getting a steady 1.2-1.6mbps. If your looking 3g download speeds I would go with Virgin.

3. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    IT Professional
    DFW, Texas
    I have both a Metro and a VM phone, and the lack of 3g data speeds is a big turn-off with Metro. The optimus M/V are very viable android options for damn near ANY pre-paid carrier in the nation. My virgin phone is pretty decently fast, be it web browsing, tweeting, etc. Metro phone is painstakingly slow.

4. NichoBrooks

NichoBrooks Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    I have metro right now, and I wish I would have know virgin before!!! 3G speeds everywhere, vs not even a G with metro, I hate my huawei Ascend, is the biggest piece of crap I ever owned, super slow, so imagine this, a bad and slow service plus a bad and slow phone = many headaches!

Soon I'll switch to Virgin mobile and will get the LG optiums V