• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin vs. Metro PCS

I'm ready to drop my Verizon service and take the plunge in to the world of prepaids. I've decided I'm going to get an LG Optimus Andriod phone, but I'm trying to decide between Virgin & Metro PCS as my carrier. Can anyone tell me if the data download speed will be faster with Virgin or Metro (assuming no 4G)? I'm confident the voice service will be similar (I'm in the Dallas area). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have metro right now, and I wish I would have know virgin before!!! 3G speeds everywhere, vs not even a G with metro, I hate my huawei Ascend, is the biggest piece of crap I ever owned, super slow, so imagine this, a bad and slow service plus a bad and slow phone = many headaches!

Soon I'll switch to Virgin mobile and will get the LG optiums V

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones