1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Virtual Device can't connect to the Internet

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by wige, Nov 25, 2009.

1. wige

wige Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Director of IT
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I am using the SDK for Android 2.0, and I successfully created the Emulator and created the Hello World app in the Google developer site. However, I have found that the virtual device is not able to access the Internet. The lock screen indicates that I have no service.

I have been reading through several forums, and have not been able to find any guidance to deal with this issue. I do not have any proxies, and the only firewall is Windows Firewall, blocking incoming traffic only (which can not be disabled). Any suggestions on where I need to go to get the network side of it working?

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Did you try adding an exception to the WF for the SDK / Eclipse?

3. wige

wige Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Director of IT
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I have been dealing with some rl issues.

John, I did add an exception for the eclipse executable, I am not sure if that was the right one for the emulator, but it didn't have an effect. Tom, I rebuilt the AVD as suggested, and that does appear to have worked. Thanks.

4. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Professional Computer Consultant
    Gilbert, AZ
    Did you ever get this resolved? I had a working 2.2 VM and now it won't get on the internet. Created a new one and that did not work. Created a 1.6 and that DOES get on the internet. Same PC, same running copy of AVD manager without shutting it down. Very strange.

5. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Professional Computer Consultant
    Gilbert, AZ
    enabling airplane mode and then turning it off resolved the issue for me. very strange.