• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Virtual Keyboard disappears when searching

SK0RCH

Lurker
Dec 12, 2011
Having an an annoying issue with my Desire HD. When i go to google and tap on the search bit, the keyboard pops up as it should, but it will only let me type one or two characters before the keyboard disappears. I click on the search bit again and can type away and it doesnt disappear prematurely. I've installed different browsers (Opera, Dolphin hd, another one i cant remember the name of) but it happens in all of them.

Have had the phone for over a year and it didnt do it when i got it. It's not rooted or anything and has the latest version of Android.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Welcome to AF! :)

Have you installed a 3rd Party keyboard at all? Also, holding the menu button down makes the KB appear/disappear, you're not inadvertently pressing that are you?

Is it just on web pages? It could also be that the page hasn't finished loading when you start typing, and when it does, the box disappears (similar to the way in which certain PC apps will automatically jump to the foreground when finishing loading). Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Thankyou!

It seems to just be Google for the first search i do when i go there. The page has definately finished loading by the time i start typing and it's just the stock keyboard that i'm using.

It's not a massive issue, i'll admit, but just thought i'd run it past some folk that might know :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones