1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Virtual Keyboard Not Disappearing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phorts, Feb 18, 2010.

1. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I couldnt find anyone else with this issue, so maybe it's just me.

It started happening a few days ago, where i would be sending a txt msg via ChompSMS and after i hit "Send" the keyboard would just stick there. I thought it was a ChompSMS Issue so i uninstalled, reinstalled and it kept happening.

I emailed the developer and he couldnt recreate the issue.

So, i noticed it then happening when entering text into Google in the browser, and again when compsing an email. Basically, it happens whenever the keyboard comes up. I hit send (or enter to send depending on the app) and the msg is sent, but keyboard stays up until i hit the keyboard icon or the back arrow to get it to disappear.

I'm going to try and download "anysoftkeyboard" to see if it does it with that.

I cant find any settings to adjust this, so i assume it's a software issue. Anyone having the same issue or could recommend a fix?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ok, it was an issue with ChompSMS. I completely uninstalled it and then download and installed the latest v and it works.

I remember now it happened when i installed the update that recently came out on 2/17/10

Fixed now... reported to Dev.