1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

virus affected after installing a application

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mommu, Apr 19, 2017.

1. mommu

mommu Lurker

I have installed a app named magic s1 which is a hack version of clash of clans after installing the phone is lagging and also getting hot and charge loss when it is not in use and also cannot install other apps

jessica armstrong likes this.
  2. mommu

mommu Lurker

How can I remove this virus

3. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

I would first try to boot the phone into safe mode to prevent user installed apps from being run. Then try to delete the offending app, and anything else that looks new, with the application manager. You should also install malwarebytes from the store and scan the phone.

If this doesn't work then your next bet would be a factory data reset. This will wipe all user data from the phone, so try to back up as much as possible first! Now, if this does not help then the virus has written itself onto the system partition and the only solution will be to reflash the Android operating system ROM.

I wish you the very best of luck!

Regards,
    Eric.

Unforgiven, El Presidente and Hadron like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The only thing I can add to that is that if you can't delete it in safe mode then look in your security settings and make sure it hasn't installed itself as a device administrator. If it has then unset its admin status there and try uninstalling again.

Some malware (and this is technically a trojan rather than a virus) installs further malware itself, so just hope this one hasn't.

This is really common with cracked apps, and I strongly suggest that you stay away from such sites in future.

5. mommu

mommu Lurker

Tanx buddyy

6. Hadron

VIP Member

So have you managed to fix it?

7. mommu

mommu Lurker

How can i reflash my phone plss help me

8. Hadron

VIP Member

Depends what phone you have.

9. mommu

mommu Lurker

Htc 526g dual sim
    and i have no pc

10. Hadron

VIP Member

You will need a PC.

What country, and if the phone was bought through a mobile service provider which one? The update package needs to be the correct one for the phone, so we need that information plus the current software version (full information rather than just Android version) to find the right one.

11. lindamelody

lindamelody Lurker

So how do you fix this issue? flash the rom? The data may be gone forever.

Recover My Deleted Photos

Recover My Deleted Photos Forum

com.iBestToolApp2016.PhotoRecovery.DeletedPhotoRecovery

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs