• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Virus Airborne RC1.1 install help

tsipa, any reason you didn't use the netarchy kernel packaged with VirusROM? I'm not getting very good battery life with mine since my update. I'm looking to try something new.

I used Nets 4.1.9 for a time, then tried out Kings 9. A few days ago Kings 10 came out, i have it on my SD but have yet to flash it. Personally i didnt notice a huge difference between the two.

Reactions: Iczer
Upvote 0
tsipa, any reason you didn't use the netarchy kernel packaged with VirusROM? I'm not getting very good battery life with mine since my update. I'm looking to try something new.

Well King was the first to implement HAVS in his kernels so I have been using them since when they first came out. I was using Netarchy's kernels before King released his and noticed an increase in performance/battery life when I switched. I have been using the BFS ones mostly because I feel they increase performance more than the CFS ones but everyone's phone is different and you may get different results. I was using BFS #9 for weeks and I had amazing battery life with no issues at all. BFS #10 is causing 100% awake issues for a lot of users so I am now running CFS #10 and it is very smooth. There is also some bug in CFS #10 which results in a slight increase in battery drainage but King has posted that he will be implementing the fix shortly (probably today). Keep in mind that King is only receiving his EVO this week so he has been developing these kernels without having a device to properly test them on. They can only get better from this point forward.

P.S.: He is now working with Con Kolivas who created BFS so there should be some great stuff coming out soon.

Reactions: Iczer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones