1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Virus, can survive factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SpiderGlitch, Mar 9, 2020.

1. SpiderGlitch

SpiderGlitch Lurker

My phone is really slow, so I can't explore,sorry if this is in the wrong spot.
    I've been attacked by (I think) a virus on my phone for a while now.

Device info:
    Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
    Model: SM-J327T
    Android version: 7.0
    Can find more info if needed

Virus info:
    Origin: Unknown, but it appeared at least a year and a half ago
    Symptoms:
    Random things will stop ("System UI has stopped working", or Samsung keyboard, or Discord, etc.)
    The device will restart randomly. It won't turn off, just suddenly freeze, go black, and turn back on. Sometimes it gets stuck and I have to take out the battery, and put it back in to unstuck it.
    "YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN FLASHED WITH UNAUTHIRIZED SOFTWARE" The virus, I assume. Goes away after a few minutes.
    "This device has been encrypted for security. Please input password to unlock"
    Finally, eventually, my phone will start up saying "Erasing..." and factory reset itself. Currently on the third reset, so I'll do literally anything to fix this, even if it means losing what little I have left available.

So uh... that's all. I can answer any questions, and if anyone knows how to fix this stupid thing, I would kiss you if I could. Well, probably not, but you get the idea.

2. James L

James L Android Expert

Flash stock firmware. The unauthorized software error means your device is probably rooted.

MrJavi and SpiderGlitch like this.
  3. SpiderGlitch

SpiderGlitch Lurker

It's not rooted, though I have tried a few times. It didn't work, unfortunately. Think I broke something?
    If doing that will fix it maybe, how would I do that?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You may be able to find the firmware to download and instructions you need here.
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

5. SpiderGlitch

SpiderGlitch Lurker

Thank you so much, I'll try this when I get a chance

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  6. James L

James L Android Expert

Or you can use Frija for fast downloads.

ocnbrze likes this.