1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Virus-Malware?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by aL99, Feb 25, 2016.

1. aL99

aL99 Lurker

Today I received #3 Text Message 'Notifications' on my phone....
    Usually I recognize the sender from being on my contact list, and I usually see a partial message, but...
    The first text message notification was just an unknown phone number with an attachment, so I added it to my block list and deleted it...
    The second and third I just deleted cause I couldn't figure-out or remember how I added the other one to my block list-
    Question: I never opened any of them, should I be worried?
    A Virus, Malware perhaps?
    And are they really deleted or just marked for deletion or to be overwritten?
    All comments are welcome, thanks!

2. Yilia Feng

Yilia Feng Lurker

Hi dear,
    I'm not sure weather the message is attached with a malware or not, but please must not click or open the attachment as it is very possible that there is a trojan waiting for you. If possible, would you please send a screenshot or the content of the message, I will ask for help from my friend in a security company. Thank you!

AZgl1500 and mikedt like this.
  3. aL99

aL99 Lurker

I didn't click-on them, and I didn't open them....I deleted all of them with out looking at them....
    Sorry, no screenshots, they're gone-

4. Yilia Feng

Yilia Feng Lurker

it's Ok, but if you receive such messages again, would you please can take a screenshot of it? still remember not to open them:)

5. aL99

aL99 Lurker

Okay, I'll take a screenshot next time, thank-you!