1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Virus "Sexyhot"

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by Pleasehelp1000, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Pleasehelp1000

I downloaded an apk from the internet(Ithink it was kingdom rush origins) and it seems that it came with a surprise, a virus.
    when i try to deinstall the app it doesn't let me and when I restored the device(an Edison 3) the app auto-installs itself.
    I hope somebody is able to help me.
    Thanks for reading and please contact me if you have any information.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Anything that installs itself into the system will be difficult to remove without rooting. The best way to deal with it would be to reflash the stock firmware. I'm not familiar with Edison but found this with a quick search

http://www.mibqyyo.com/en-download/categorias/edison-3/

Seem to have the firmware and method to flash. A lot of information available in Spanish.

3. Pleasehelp1000

Can you please tell me how to flash and good apps to do it on a Mac please?
    Thanks for the answer by the way

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

I found this on XDA. It's a tutorial on the MTK flash Tool that you would use to flash the firmware. The thread is active and would probably be your best place to look and ask questions.
    I am mostly familiar with Samsung devices and would not know how to advise you with the Edison 3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1982587

5. rkartstudio

rkartstudio Lurker

Can someone tell me where the button is to ask a question here. It's pretty hard to navigate these forums. I cant find a "Ask a Question" button or whatever it's called.

6. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Assume you have found it but it is the green "Post New Thread" at the top of the corresponding forum.

7. Pleasehelp1000

Thanks to you all!
    In the end ir wars easier, I just has to inhabilitate the app and no problem
    It was quite easy in fact

catalinbrs likes this.
  8. catalinbrs

catalinbrs Lurker

Can you tell me exactely what you do to to remove that virus from your device. I have the same problem after i tried to download an app not from the google play. please tell me what you do to remove that virus. thanks

9. Pleasehelp1000

Whai I dis wasnt "removing"
    I went to the app information after disabling wifi and chose the option inhabilitate,then i erased the data look for other .apk and inhabilitating all
    Then i activated the wifi went to the store and downloaded avast and other antivirus
    You might have to try to do it more than once