• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

virus?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I downloaded a app and when I uninstalled it, in the screen appeared a lot of web urls' flashing constantly at the corner of the screen. I guess maybe is a virus. Due to I don't know what app it was, I was unable to uninstall the app as its supposed to be. The Phone isn't mine. Is my aunts phone.

A drastic measure to ensure you remove whatever spyware or "virus" that is on the phone, would be to preform a factory reset. A factory reset will revert the phone back to the state it was in the day it was opened from the factory (this will wipe EVERYTHING on the phone, pictures, music... everything!). Be sure to back up anything important before you take a drastic step like that. Factory reset is different depending on phone and android version, and you would need to reply with that information to move forward.

Another option that is totally viable, is to install apps that are geared toward removing and blocking spyware and "viruses" from making its way onto your phone. Simply search the Play Store for "Anti Spyware" or a search term like it, and you will get plenty of results. I personally recommend using Avast, as it is the best option I have encountered, although that is only my opinion. You can take a look at Avast by clicking the link below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity

I hope this helps a little, note that if you decide to do a factory reset, make sure you backup any and everything that you consider important on your phone (music, pictures, etc.) before doing anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones