1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Visible horizontal lines on the screen, defect?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EarlZ, Dec 9, 2011.

1. EarlZ

EarlZ Android Enthusiast

Anyone getting this issue on their note or is this a side effect of the pentile matrix?
    Very visbile with certain shades of colors especially greys and low brightness levels. Also faintly visible on whites like viewing websites and movies.
    [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Sadly a number of Samsung Super Amoled devices are reporting horizontal and vertical lines though I have not seen anything like these yet.

3. boharris

boharris Newbie

There are quite a few reports of this on gsmarena. Another common issue that's being reported is the back and home buttons stop working and a reboot is required to get them working again.

4. John566

John566 Newbie

I have not had any screen issues but I have had the buttons stop once or twice. I also have had about 3 random reboots in the 3 weeks I've had it. Overall it has been pretty solid.

5. rodrigorajao

rodrigorajao Newbie

Sony Trinitron FTW!! :) If you ever owned one, you know what I mean..

6. John566

John566 Newbie

I take it back. I do have a nasty horizontal line (in landscape). It goes all the way across and is fairly thick. I just noticed it - I'm thinking it may have just appeared. It is most noticable on white or blue screens. :(

7. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member

You should return it because I don't have that issue which I did with my previous SII. Also if you keep buying from the same stock you might get same issue. I bought mine from The OEM Shop which alse has the best price, but I think you need to buy third party warrenty.

reposting of my post from xda:
    The grey shades is not completely consistent for the phone, but its still much better than the problem I had with the Galaxy SII T-Mobile. What is shown from the screenshot taken matches exactly with what I see in real life, so my only conclusion is this is a software issue that hopefully can be fixed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I also tried the blue, red, green shade and they look pretty good.

8. Bmxant

Bmxant Well-Known Member

Hey EarlZ, that looks pretty good for a SAmoled screen to be honest. You have a way way higher chance of getting one that's worse. (Deep dark lines, blotches)

If you did end up returning it for a new one, I hope you lucked out :cool:

Edit: What's the brightness set to in the pic? From what I've been reading on XDA, no one uses below 60% because of this issue.

9. kk12002

kk12002 Lurker

hi..I have this same issue..can be seen only in a dark room..can't reproduce the results in daylight. .or with a black background. .only in gray...light shades. ..even display test shows In dark rooms..it's find in well lit room. .how should I approach this issue? Will samsung consider this issue?

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews