• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visited my Verizon store, came away reassured

Vance

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
When I got my TB, the Charge, Revolution and DX2 were just around the corner. I did my research and decided that the TB was my best bet, but there was a nagging worry that when these other phones came out I would regret my choice.

So, a couple of days ago I went into my local Verizon store and spent a lot of time playing with each of them, I even installed Launcher Pro to see how it worked (I did remove it after), and did nearly every experiment I could think of.

The simplest way to put it is: I came away even happier with my Thunderbolt!!

Charge: too light, screen is nice, but seems over-saturated, TouchWiz is way too annoying.

DX2: really don't like the physical buttons, and it actually seems less smooth, which tells me that until the OS and apps are optimized for dual core, the extra RAM in the TB is more important.

Revolution: actually would be my second choice, but the 5 MP camera was a drawback and I could not find the RAM, which made me nervous! :0)

So, despite a few issues (luckily I am rarely rebooting), I came away feeling oddly relieved.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones