1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Visual voice mail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Travisp6, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Travisp6

Travisp6 Lurker

I have noticed that when I listen to voicemails through visual voicemail they sound scratchy, quite, computerized or fuzzy:mad:, but when I go to the phone and dial my voicemail the sound quality is great, loud and clear!

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks! :)

2. Travisp6

Travisp6 Lurker

FYI-
    I did check for the upgrade in voicemail and there was not one. (got that idea from another thread). This seems really odd and wonder if I should just call my voicemail everytime rather than using the poor quality visual app on the Hero?

3. nick325i

nick325i Android Enthusiast

I've noticed a slight difference in quality. I'm guessing because its sent on demand or what not its an audio file generated from the voice mail and to save on bandwidth/space on phone they scale it down.

personally I could care less. i'm not listening for the proper tone or pitch in my voicemails. If I can understand the message it saves the dialing and password bit.

4. treborcj

treborcj Android Enthusiast

I don't have problems with sound quality. Although I had a problem a couple of days ago when my wife left me a voicemail and when I checked it, it was some lady talking about her day. The number was correct and had her name on the visual voicemail. But it was someone else. I just hope no one gets our voicemails by accident (they can get pretty raunchy). :)

5. daman7676

daman7676 Member

I always had this idea that visual voicemail meant transcribed voicemail like at&t. Does anyone know if Sprint will ever do something like that?

6. treborcj

treborcj Android Enthusiast

I was told a while back that Sprint doesn't do it citing privacy. I believe google transcribes voicemail.

7. i've noticed that too. It sounds tinny and hollow. It's no big deal bc it is still very listenable, but yeah I have noticed it.

8. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

Visual Voicemail, Google Voice... whats the difference really when you can use your number OR another number? A lot of Verizon users that have to pay for VVM take the GV route

9. Travisp6

Travisp6 Lurker

I find it annoying, because it IS harder to hear the message. I was watching the Vikes game in a bar and couldn't make out what was being said, but when I went to call my number and use the "old school" way, I could hear it just fine. Seems like a crap app...

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews