1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Visual Voicemail Anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MKREdit, Sep 26, 2010.

1. welbinator

welbinator Android Enthusiast

what do you use it for? you don't seem to like the idea of Visual Voice Mail, which is what I use it for. I know it does other things but I've never experimented. My friend said something about having an extra number or something?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. welbinator

i have that same habit. my friends hate it, haha. my mom REALLY hates it. :D

3. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast

ive always had it for the extra number, and some free calls.
    yeah, my mom and wife really hate it too haha

4. yowasup1

yowasup1 Lurker

Are there any negatives to using Google Voice?

5. welbinator

only if you hate convenience.

6. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

I love GV. It's free and it's getting better and better. When I first began using it in April when I got my Dinc, the text of the VM was so inaccurate about 60% of the time that you had to use it to listen to the VM rather than read it. I'd say it's close to about 20% of the time that I am forced to listen rather than just read it. I've even signed my son up with a GV account for his Chocolate Touch.

7. YamiYaiba

YamiYaiba Well-Known Member

it always comes out as useless gibbersih that only vaguely resembles your voicemail

8. mousouchop

mousouchop Newbie

Is Verizon's paid VVM (or iPhones' for that matter) any more accurate? I havent had GV properly transcribe a message since I became a member.

I don't understand seeing as their voice-to-text feature on android is impeccable (99% of the time).

9. welbinator

probably because you purposefully enunciate properly when you use voice-to-text while people leaving you a voice mail don't know they're going to be transcribed by GV.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews