1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Visual Voicemail lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stanfna, Jan 5, 2012.

1. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    I searched and didn't find an answer, so forgive me if it has been discussed...but has anyone else noticed a huge lag in when you receive your voicemails?

I am unlocked/rooted on stock 4.0.2. I use visual voicemail (yes, I pay the monthly fee)

I can see when a missed calls came in and then it can be up to 7 hours before the voicemail shows up. if i open the app and click refresh, it will say refreshing the inbox and then an error pops up that says "Unable to establish a connection to the mailbox. the problem is usually temporary. Please try again later. (904)"

i have no problem receiving any other notifications. in fact...while i was waiting for the voicemail to refresh, i had a gmail pop into my notification.

please resist the urge to recommend i just use google voicemail. If i am unable to resolve this issue, that will be what i do.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    OK...I got tired of trying to get it to work....so I set up Google voice!

3. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Sales
    MA
    I was going to say mine works fine (i pay for it also). But a big missing feature is being able to reply to a Verizon voicemail with a voicemail. When you hit the reply symbol you only get 'by text or e-mail'. the old VVM used to be able to reply with a voicemail. it was my favorite little trick. I could send people I didn't want to talk to a voicemail and they just thought that they missed my call. You can do it buy dialing your voicemail number and hitting "2" but the old VVM way was ten times quicker.

Can you tell me if you have this feature on GV? I tried setting it up to check myself but had little luck (seems kind of complicated?). or i'm just an idiot.

Tags: