1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Visual Voicemail not working? Try...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by The_Chief, Nov 30, 2021.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

For several weeks I had a problem with the app not working. I received voicemail notifications, but there was always a problem getting the messages to visual voicemail so I could read them. I cleared cache and data, restarted... nothing helped.

After spending nearly an hour with Verizon tech support, we finally identified the culprit:

VPN!

I turned off VPN and left myself a message using the Darling Bride's phone. Works great! So I have excluded the voicemail app from the VPN. I keep forgetting about that thing!

mikedt, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Mine always pops up but never get the messages either... Hmmm... How can I open it up?

mikedt likes this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

VPNs are great but there's always issues when they are running. Mainly banking, streaming apps and such...
    Glad you worked it out.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I use Express VPN pretty much all the time on my phone, and I've had to exclude a few apps from it though. Specifically some Chinese apps like WeChat, AliPay, TaoBao, Merchant's Bank, Jinan Subway, DiDi, Baidu Maps. If I have WeChat going running through my VPN, my Covid QR code and vaccination status doesn't show.

#4 mikedt, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    ocnbrze and The_Chief like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

In your VPN app's settings should be an option to exclude certain apps from the VPN's encrypted tunnel, like Visual Voicemail, etc.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. The_Chief

There should be an app called Voicemail. If you have visual voicemail, you should be able to read them in that app - as well as listen to them, delete them, etc.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Milo Williamson

Saids I have no VPN's saved..

8. Milo Williamson

Saids:

"Visual voicemail:
    The Device is unbalbe to start the set up process. Please check yourconnection as Visual Voicemail needs a celluar data network to work proerly."
    So turn on the data?

That did work. :) Okay now I have it set up, no inboxes.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. The_Chief

Have someone leave you voicemail

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. Milo Williamson

Hahaaa... I do not check it often lol :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. The_Chief

You should check it more often! I'm sure you are missing plenty of "free Marriott vacations" and great extended vehicle warranty coverage LOLOLOL

12. Milo Williamson

Or "Sorry sir, we are going to hang up on you." :)

Verizon Visual Voicemail

Verizon Visual Voicemail Forum

com.motorola.visualvoicemail

Visual VoiceMail makes it manage your voicemail messages without dialing. It shows all of your messages in a list and lets you manage them on your phone. You can listen to messages in any order and delete them without listening to instructions. To view Verizon's privacy policy, please visit http://www.verizon.com/about/privacy/policy/. To view Motorola Mobility's privacy policy, please visit http://help.motorola.com/hc/apps/settings/privacy/en-us/privacy.html

READ MORE
April 19, 2019
Last Updated
Rating
5M+
Installs