1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Visual Voicemail Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by closhedbb, May 18, 2010.

1. closhedbb

closhedbb Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    I had VZW visual voicemail (VVM) on my BB Storm before I got the Incredible. When I switched over, I noticed that the Incredible had a VVM app native to HTC, and I have been using that app. However, the $2.99 service is still on my VZW account which started when I was using the Storm. If I'm not using VZW's VVM app, do I need to pay the $2.99 a month to get VVM using HTC's app?

Advertisement

2. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    It is Verizon's app, so you'll continue to be charged for it.

To avoid that charge, simply download and use YouMail from the market. It will do vvm and more for free.

3. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    I had YouMail. It was decent and free. Now I have Google Voice and it's way better.

4. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Headhunter
    Western PA
    Yes...get Google Voice! It is AWESOME!

I still use my provider number but have it set up that GV handles my voicemails. Basically, when my VM comes on, you hear my message (that I recorded through GV). The caller leaves their message and hangs up. About 10 seconds later, I get a notification that I have a new vm. I press the notification (in the drop down menu) and it takes me to the transcribed message in the Google Voice app that I dl'ed. The transcription is usually wrong but gives you a gist of the message. I can also press 'play' at the bottom of the transcribed message and it instantly plays the vm.

-No more dialing *86.
    -Instant retrieval of messages in written and voice form.
    -Optional email is sent to me with the same data (both transcribed and voice).
    -Options to set personal VM's for individual callers. - my VM message that my wife hears when she calls from her cell phone is different than what others will hear.

The list of options is endless! If you can't get a GV invite by begging on this board, buy one on ebay for $5. Figure it to be less than the cost for 2 months of Verizon's VVM service.