• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visual voicemail released

n4zty

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2011
hey guys a buddy of mine on the howardforums allmanallpimp posted 2 days ago that they released this for the indulge and the optimus just letting ya know seems to work pretty good its not perfect but suppose if ur in a hurry and got no time to check every single vmail u got this could help out a lil. now this is free for all $60 plan users dunno how much it is to add to a basic plan, anyways here is how it looks.

20110527180156.png

speech to txt isnt accurate but close enough i was saying testing testing 123 checking out the visual voicemail you know lol but i guess with my hispanic accent and slanging i really cant blame it.

report back any bugs that we should know about for now its working just fine for me.

I have the $60 plan but for those who don't go here and see if you can
download voice mail plus which is the same thing as voice mail....go figure.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

I tested the one from metro and it worked as far as voice to text..it was on the money . I'm sure there will be some hic ups in the future but I love the idea of this.

I also use speech to text (It's in the settings for phone)when texting and surprised at how could that is.

LOL I almost don't have to touch this phone to do anything :D

Upvote 0
I have the $60 plan but for those who don't go here and see if you can
download voice mail plus which is the same thing as voice mail....go figure.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

I tested the one from metro and it worked as far as voice to text..it was on the money . I'm sure there will be some hic ups in the future but I love the idea of this.

I also use speech to text (It's in the settings for phone)when texting and surprised at how could that is.

LOL I almost don't have to touch this phone to do anything :D

Not free after trial.

Upvote 0
Not free after trial.

Sorry I didn't test it because I was able to get it from Metro being a $60 plan customer.

Hey..try it for the trial period and see if it's worth it to you.

Now that I have it I don't see me living without it.

Not having to call into voicemail to see if it's important enough to respond to or not is a big plus ...if you need to hear how they sound (Happy or Mad) just hit the play button and it plays instantly.

Upvote 0
well i dont think they would offer such an app for free cuz it requires it accessing your phone's voice mail then translating the speech to txt then sending it to u. as far as i can see the only hope for such an app for free would be from google voice and theres no telling how much longer they are gonna offer that service for free.

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't test it because I was able to get it from Metro being a $60 plan customer.

Hey..try it for the trial period and see if it's worth it to you.

Now that I have it I don't see me living without it.

Not having to call into voicemail to see if it's important enough to respond to or not is a big plus ...if you need to hear how they sound (Happy or Mad) just hit the play button and it plays instantly.

Hey guys i read the reviews and it said does not work with prepaid carriers? any issues with Metro?

Upvote 0
its for $50-$60 plan users. and oakland79 see if u can transfer that zip to ur computer and extract the .apk file then send it to urself on gmail and on ur phone download the .apk file and ur phone should ask if u want to install it seems opera is zipping it for u.

Upvote 0
its for $50-$60 plan users. and oakland79 see if u can transfer that zip to ur computer and extract the .apk file then send it to urself on gmail and on ur phone download the .apk file and ur phone should ask if u want to install it seems opera is zipping it for u.

I don't think that the voicemail to text option is for those with the 50$ LTE plan.....just the voicemail.

Upvote 0
Ummm, not totally following this thread. I have the $60 plan. The one time I'd called Metro CS about this (when I first saw it announced), he'd told me it was $3 monthly. But I thought that was for any plan as an add-on. If indeed $60 plan folks are included gratis, can someone walk me through how to download the applicable sw, or do I need to call (reluctantly) Metro CS again about it.

Thanks. Shel.

Upvote 0
Ummm, not totally following this thread. I have the $60 plan. The one time I'd called Metro CS about this (when I first saw it announced), he'd told me it was $3 monthly. But I thought that was for any plan as an add-on. If indeed $60 plan folks are included gratis, can someone walk me through how to download the applicable sw, or do I need to call (reluctantly) Metro CS again about it.

Thanks. Shel.

1ST Click on Application
2nd find App store
3rd Under featured apps click on visual voice mail.
4th follow prompts.

Hope this helps
VVM works on $50 & $60 plans.
$50 plan doesnt have voice to text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones