1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Visual Voicemail Update 11/30/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eyebeam, Nov 30, 2011.

1. eyebeam

eyebeam Extreme Android User
    None

Hey gang - Thought I'd let you know that there's an update to Visual Voicemail. The new version is T.5.2.0.24 and it now lets you save voicemails to the SD Card. To update, open VV > Menu > Settings > Check For Update.

Be forewarned: The new icon is pretty fuggly! :p

Advertisement

2. darynm

darynm Newbie
    None

May 29, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up!

marctronixx likes this.
  3. Wantin

Wantin Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hello - We just picked up two new EVO 3Ds this week (our first smartphones....loving it!). My question is, is this service "free"? I understand there seems to be an option for more advanced options (vmail to text?) but I just want to make sure by utilizing this service we aren't incurring fees that I'm unaware of.

Thanks!

marctronixx likes this.
  4. waltnich

waltnich Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    South Jersey
    The more features you use the stronger the plan you should consider.
    Read carefully about the app before you downloada it. Most great apps have a free version. That way you get to see if you really need the full version. Also, many developers will put out simular apps so you might want to compare them. Apps are cheap but the ones with a monthly fee may not be worth it. You can dump an app anytime but you might have to notify your carrier to insure the fee does not continue.
    Luv my Sprint HTC evo 4G and 3D eaqually with full data plan and only about a dozen apps..

marctronixx likes this.
  5. blazr2k

blazr2k Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    Quad Cities, IL
    Yes Visual Voicemail is free. There aren't any additional charges to use it. The Voicemail to Text option is an additional $2 a month if you want it. I don't really see the advantage to having it as the translations are never really all that accurate. While you might get a good laugh from the translation, it isn't worth the $2 a month. It does have a 30 day trial that you can do to see if it is for you though. If you don't like it just go into the voicemail where you activated the trial and unsubscribe.

Wantin and marctronixx like this.
  6. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    I think he also wanted to know if it also uses his minutes to listen to his Vmails from the app as to when you call in and listen to your vmails, you use your airtime minutes.

marctronixx likes this.
  7. Wantin

Wantin Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Actually, I hadn't thought about that (the minutes) and I'm not too worried about it, but now I'm curious. (Thanks for all the answers by the way.)

I am very much in even more love with this phone, android, the whole works, now!

marctronixx likes this.
  8. blazr2k

blazr2k Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    Quad Cities, IL
    Minutes are not used with visual voicemail app. It uses data to download the voicemail. You can dial in to listen to the voicemails as well if for some reason data is not available and that would use minutes or at least has in the past.

marctronixx likes this.
  9. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Good to know. I have a ton of minutes on Sprint but I am not worried about that. I think on Big Red calling voicemail docked your minutes.

Tags: