• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vitality keeps rebooting

timropp

Lurker
May 4, 2012
Got a Vitality for my wife from one of the best buy sales. Rooted it, stock rom. Got it activated on PagePlus, not cricket. Voice/text only, she's only going to have wifi data.

Anyway, I'm trying to get it all configured for her as her first smartphone. It's sitting here on my desk while I do other things, and it keeps rebooting. Every hour or so I hear it make a noise and look over to see it booting up. Any idea what would cause that?

I'm seeing the same behavior on my Vitality. I haven't turned on Bluetooth, so it can't be that. I have rooted the phone and added a number of applications, however -- so much so that I have the permanent "Low on space" message. I wonder if being low on space is what is causing this? I'm going to remove "Cut The Rope", a game which is about 18MBs in size, to clear up some space and see if my Vitality keeps rebooting after that.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to follow-up on my prior post. My Vitality (though it's no longer really a "Vitality" since it has a custom ROM driving it) still intermittently reboots. Since my prior post I've flashed the phone with a new ROM or two and it still reboots intermittently. With its current ROM it's no longer running out of space, so I've tossed my theory that the rebooting is being caused due to the device being low on space.

This seems to be a common issue with these phones, this rebooting. Doesn't it?

Upvote 0
Seems to be a problem with samsung phones when you have little or low reception, the phone will reboot itself. I tested this and it definitely only happens in low or no service areas.

Okay, that's interesting. Thanks for adding that consideration. I'm not currently using a cellular plan for my Vitality but the reception indicator is always on, and often there's only one bar where I'm am at (home). Do you know if there's a way to turn off reception, similarly to the way we can turn off data? Perhaps if the phone is not seeking reception it'll stop rebooting...

Upvote 0
I guess it could be reception since I don't always have the best reception with my Vitality but I sort of doubt that claim. It seems this phone gets lower reception than my Ascend did, as I always had full service bars with the Ascend around my area for the most part.

It's not due to low space. I went without a SD card for quite some time because I was too lazy to simply replace my broken down one, and it didn't change anything in regards to random boots.

Upvote 0
Ive been having the same rebooting problems. To scratch off some theories, mine did it the first time after few weeks. had it for a while now and in that time its been rooted, unrooted, factory hard reset, low on space, exc. And none of that made a difference. It kept rebooting anyways. Interesting now your saying low on signal, you could be right. I have low signal on jobs and at home and that's when it does it more often.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones