1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vivo y81i How to root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joshua Tadena, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Joshua Tadena

Joshua Tadena Lurker

How to root my vivo y81i? Please help me.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

do you really want to root it? there are no custom roms, no recovery, and no Dev support. basically no developers=no fun.

if you really must, I found these articles that claim it will root your phone:
    https://www.stupdroid.com/2018/08/Vivo-Y81-root-twrp.html
    https://www.howtoapps.info/how-to-root-vivo-y81/

be careful though, they claim that you can root and install twrp recovery. but if you read the article they left space for when twrp gets ported over for your device. but so far there is no twrp recovery yet for your device.

if you still plan on rooting, I'd be very careful with doing anything without a working recovery. if you do not know, a custom recovery like twrp, will allow you to make nandroid backups. nandroid backups are very important to root users. they are complete backups of your phone. if for some reason you did something you shouldn't have or flash an incorrect file, as long as you can get into recovery, you can just do a restore.... it will be like nothing happened.

so if you plan on rooting mainly so that you can delete bloatware or to remove certain system apps, I would think about it really carefully. a lot of system apps are all connected to one another. if you delete one system app, you could cause another app to not work. this in turn could cause your phone to not work properly..... and without a custom recovery there is nothing you can do.

if you ever plan on rooting, pick a device that has a Dev community. I always go to xda developers forum to see what devices has support.

on last thing make sure that you read everything and be prepared before you take the plunge....... good luck

Dannydet likes this.