1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VLC Video Player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Glenn T Kitchen, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Glenn T Kitchen

What am I missing about getting a video player other then the Android included video player? The Video Player of Android works perfectly for me, why change to one such as VLC?

TWERKER likes this.
  2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

If your Android included video play works then there is no need to download another app. However, if you encounter a video format that is not supported then VLC supports almost all media formats, hardware decoding. audio tracks, subtitles, as well chapter support.

#2 MrJavi, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  3. Billtunew

Billtunew Member

VLC Video Player or other Video Player different from your default Video Player of Android will provide more features that the default app doesn't have. Thus, in case you access many video formats and your default Video Player doesn't support, you can consider finding other Video Play like VLC Video Player.
    Regards.

MrJavi, Glenn T Kitchen and TWERKER like this.
  4. baynarmi

baynarmi Lurker

I think vlc player is good for the best sound quality. because there are no android media player which can give the strong sound quality like VLC.

5. Glenn T Kitchen

I thank everyone for your input. I'll now know what to do should I come upon a format not decodable by my default Android video player. Also, I may just try using VLC, since one of the answers was that I may enjoy the sound greater with a different, enhanced video player. I thank all of you!
    Merry Christmas!

Billtunew and MrJavi like this.
  6. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

VLC it is really simple to use, it can really carry throughout any type of music you are into, and still have your media in a handy package, without switching on and off though. :)

MrJavi likes this.

VLC

VLC Forum

org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs