• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vlingo in car beta question

mrsbelpit

Android Enthusiast
Oct 12, 2010
First of all, I swear I did a search, but I can't come up with an answer. I am using the Vlingo in car beta, and it actually listens to me most of the time. The only thing I can't do is get it to answer a call. I thought you could say "answer" and the call would pick up. Am I wrong? Is it because I'm still running 2.1 (Tmo Vibrant)? Does this work in 2.2? Any tips you have would be appreciated.

The battery doesn't get sucked too much if you just have the dock up, but when navigating, it kills it. You probably already knew that. I'm happy to report that it did not get buggy with the charger plugged in.

Has anyone tried to answer a call with your voice while in car mode? I still can't get it to work.

Upvote 0
The battery doesn't get sucked too much if you just have the dock up, but when navigating, it kills it. You probably already knew that. I'm happy to report that it did not get buggy with the charger plugged in.

Has anyone tried to answer a call with your voice while in car mode? I still can't get it to work.

The funny thing about that is that it doesn't passively listen with Navigation up on the screen, or any app open on your screen for that matter....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones