1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vlingo InCar for hands free bluetooth dialing. Setup problems

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lakedawgs, Feb 17, 2011.

1. lakedawgs

lakedawgs Lurker

Have an LG Ally with 2.2, Froyo.
    Need to setup hands free bluetooth dialing for my boss. Downloaded Vlingo with InCar beta built in but still not dialing hands free.

The bluetooth works fine. Can make and receive calls through the car but even with the application, Vlingo InCar, running, I cannot dial hands free.

Anyone use this or have another solution to Bluetooth hands free dialing.
    THANKS MUCH,
    Lakedawgs

Advertisement

2. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member

I used it for awhile but uninstalled it because it does not support hands free dialing and speech recognition was terrible. I have looked at a number of apps and have not found anything that actually "works".

3. witcradg

witcradg Lurker

I've been trying Vlingo and InCar. Great idea, but not working for me. Can't dial hands free and voice recognition is poor. I'll be uninstalling it today... and back to looking for another solution to replace my Jott account :-(

4. Hey Guys,
    Although Vlingo does not yet support syncing with car-mounted bluetooth devices, Vlingo's InCar feature is hands-free. Once InCar is open, all you have to do is say "Hey Vlingo", and issue your vocal command (ex. "Call Jamie", "Text Daniel, message: see you at 4").

-Vlingo Support

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Guys,

Moved this thread to the applications forum for you.

Cheers!