• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vlingo problem

matttye

Android Expert
Apr 26, 2010
Lincoln, England
I updated my firmware last night to KI4 and ever since, when I go into Vlingo by double tapping the home button and then try to send a message to/dial a contact it thinks I have two entries for every contact and asks which one I want to call.

I don't have two entries at all, as when I go into the contacts app only one of each is showing up.

I've noticed that when it lists two contacts, the first one corresponds to the home number and the second to the mobile number. I used to be able to say for example "Dial mum mobile" but this doesn't seem to work now.

Any ideas how to get this working again? :(

I can confirm it also says there are multiple contacts even when there's only one number for that particular contact.

It seems to be when I've synced my contacts with Google, it is classing the contact as a duplicate. If I create a new contact on the phone and don't sync it, it's not saying that there's multiple contacts found.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones