• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM Get Your Benjamin deal

pfoneguy

Mar 30, 2013
:smokingsomb:
Here's how to get your credit:
Purchase a Beyond Talk phone on virginmobileusa.com between June 28, 2013 and July 7, 2013.
Activate your phone at virginmobileusa.com and add money to your account. Activation must be complete by July 15, 2013.
During the activation process, select "I want to switch my number from another company to Virgin Mobile." *
In the Carrier Information section, enter the carrier information of the account you'd like to switch.
In the Choose Your Plan section, select an eligible Beyond Talk plan ($35, $45, $55 a month).
In the Payment section, Top-Up your account for at least the amount of one month.
The $100 account bonus will be applied to your account within 30 days of activation and Top-Up
*Please note: Transferring your number can typically take up to 24 to 48 hours. Please do not cancel service with your current provider until you've completed this switch. If you deactivate your phone number, you won't be able to transfer it to Virgin Mobile.
See top of page

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile/734170-thinking-leaving-virgin-mobile.html#post5932326
In that post you claim you are getting rid of Virgin Mobile for your son.
In this post you act as if you work for Virgin Mobile....

Interesting...
Anyhow nobody should go with virgin mobile for their data plans(beyond talk).
They run off sprint(unanimously agreed as the worst mobile data network around)
and they throttle after 2.5GB.

Ya, I am conflicted to say the least! :hmmmm:
It is my son who is on VM and has a 3G only phone (no Wimax here) If 4G LTE actually works well in our area then it may be worth getting him an SIII and keeping him with them. Long story short though, I get 4G LTE full blast about 4 blocks away and nothing in my immediate neighborhood, hopefully they are not finished and when completed we will also have full access to 4G? One reason I am conflicted and not sure which direction I should go.
If Ting had better data rates and would split a few of tiers it would be a no brainer to bring him over. The wife and I really Like Ting for several reasons, mainly the ability to share minutes/text/data among several devices and their Minute and Text cost are cheaper than most. As far as data, I wish ATT or Verizon had a Ting type MVNO! Guess we will see when LTE is fully implemented. I have to say, over on the VM HoFo forum it seems most are really happy with the speeds of LTE. :dontknow:

I have to ask though, if you are such a VM (Sprint) hater, why are you posting on this particular forum wall at all? Who do you work for?
:beer:

Upvote 0
Ya, I am conflicted to say the least! :hmmmm:
It is my son who is on VM and has a 3G only phone (no Wimax here) If 4G LTE actually works well in our area then it may be worth getting him an SIII and keeping him with them. Long story short though, I get 4G LTE full blast about 4 blocks away and nothing in my immediate neighborhood, hopefully they are not finished and when completed we will also have full access to 4G?

They will probably still throttle after 2.5GB anyhow, thus nullifying any benefit of the increased speeds.

I have to ask though, if you are such a VM (Sprint) hater, why are you posting on this particular forum wall at all? Who do you work for?
:beer:
I was a Virgin Mobile customer a few months ago.
I do not hate or even dislike VM, I was able to tether well over 60GB most months at 30KBps speeds.
There are just better options for data hungry users like me now(T-Mobile).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones