1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General VM Intercept.. Nice but several hairpullers..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lvdave, Jul 31, 2011.

1. lvdave

lvdave Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Retired Web-developer/Admin
    Las Vegas NV
    I recently bought a used VM Intercept and except for a couple of "hair-pullers", I like it (and LOVE the $25/mo no-contract plan). Both of the issues are related to the touchscreen. Is there a way to change starting an app to a double-tap or a long-tap instead of simply brushing against the icon? When doing a "finger-flip" scroll thru the apps screen its almost impossible to touch the screen such that I scroll the icons but NOT start any apps but for the one I'm looking for. Secondly, is there a way to adjust the scroll-rate on the apps menu? It's become a habit to flick my finger ever-so-lightly to scroll the screen (to try and avoid the above undesirable app-launch), but this causes the screen to scroll at a obscenely fast rate.. I haven't rooted the unit yet, but probably will soon, as I need to get the OpenVPN client on it to allow access to home/work vpns, and I understand it requires root, and I suspect any tweaks like I'm describing would require root also. I'm very familiar with Linux, but very new on Android.. Ideas??

Thanks,
    LVDave

Advertisement

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    Try Launcher Pro (free) or Launcher Pro Plus (paid) to edit the scrolling speeds (in the Launcher options its under Advanced Settings). ;)

Prometheus_ and lvdave like this.
  3. lvdave

lvdave Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Retired Web-developer/Admin
    Las Vegas NV
    LauncherPro is very nice!! Thanks!!