• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM LG Volt GPS not working

D

Deleted User

Hello.

I have an LG Volt with Virgin Mobile. I'm experiencing two issues with the GPS. The first is that when I navigate with apps like Google Maps, the app locates the destination and I see the different turns. The problem is that the navigation arrow is never on the correct path so much so that it never finds the next turn. It's almost like it needs to be re-calibrated. I tried calibrating with GPS Essentials but no change. I currently have the location mode setting of 'high accuracy'.

The second issue is when I use 'Map My Run' the GPS just spins and spins. Sometimes it will connect after about 10 minutes into a run. When I run the same app in the same location on the same network (Virgin Mobile) on an HTC Desire, it works flawlessly.

Not seeing anything in the manual. No luck searching the forum. I've found some other sites talk about fixes for rooted LG Volts of which mine is not but even those didn't seem to be addressing the same issues.

Any suggestions? Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones