1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

vm lg volt issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 7808, Sep 21, 2014.

1. 7808

7808 Member

loved my previous lg's last being the f3, it was a fast little phone only thing wrong was lack of built in memory

so I "upgraded" to the lg volt a couple weeks ago, and I feel like the only thing I upgraded was screen size.

the camera - its slower, the autofocus sucks, need to take multiple pictures always to get a good one, unless outside in the sun. then it usually takes great pictures.

the touch screen - if my fingers are damp (like I just washed my hands) it has a very hard time reading my inputs, sometimes takes me 5 tries and wiping it and my finger to get my phone unlocked, never had this problem with other phones, at least not this bad.

speed - its pretty laggy, sometimes my autorotation takes way too long. like 5sec+

my f3 just felt faster, and it had a really good camera for a "low end" phone. it never really was slow it just would run out of memory easily. I also enjoy LGs higher capacity batteries .

anyone else had these issues? maybe needs an update? return it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. itsnotadam

itsnotadam Newbie

Yea I've noticed all of those issues. I'm hoping that we get a very lightweight ROM soon or something. Because I love those phone but the issues it has are about to make me wanna sell it on eBay and get a better one.

3. 7808

7808 Member

I hope Lg engineers visit these sites

4. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

Pretty sure they don't!

LOL!

It would be great if they did as it would give them a better idea of what's going on!

5. 7808

7808 Member

Hey look at that, got a software update this morning

6. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

To fix your camera issue you can try Google camera and set the quality to low.

7. SteboMT

SteboMT Member

The camera is no better than the 5mp on my Galaxy Victory. I too had to take multiple pics of my schedule at work before I get a good one. Sometimes if I HOLD DOWN the button it takes better pics....

I have compared the 5mp and 8mp and the Victory take much sharper images, I can see my fingerprints on my hand with the 5mp Victory. Can't do this with the Volt.... :(

8. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

If you download Google camera and set quality to low it takes the pics faster with less blur

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews