• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM MSG: Network upgrade - Now no Service

were you on a stock rom when you did that?

It has nothing to do with your phone or it's software, when Virgin did their "upgrade" to move everyone who has a 4G WiMAX device from Sprints servers to their own it seems that some accounts weren't properly provisioned, you can go back to a stockish rom and update your pri and prl and then manually reset the phone or call Virgin and have them re provision from their end.
OB

Upvote 0
I just wanted to confirm it does not matter if you are rooted. I called vm today and got my 4g restored back. I am using the stock rooted rom. I also got a text message from vm after they finished doing whatever it is they did, saying thank you for your patience you will now be able to make phone calls again. Which was strange because that was never the problem. Good luck to all

Upvote 0
Well this sucks. After waiting 2 weeks for my 4g to come back - it didnt, I just spent almost an hour on the phone with VM. 25 mins with a rep with great communication skills who couldn't help me and then forwarded to a terrible quality line hosted by a rep with a deep, deep accent. After going through the usual 'checks' on the phone and finding nothing, he told me he would restart my service and I should pull the battery and then reboot. That should fix it.

I did and nothing. Before the 'area update' I could get 4g 90% of the time (driving) and 100% of the time at home. I now have zero 4g at home or when driving. It was perfect before the update. 4g was 75% of the 'fun' of this phone.

Im frustrated with VM to say the least.:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones