• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM No longer supporting GS2

xthedakmanx

Android Expert
Sep 10, 2011
goo.im
So I sent an email to VM today about getting a replacement phone (Soft buttons were being lame) ANNND.....Seems like they aren't supporting the phone anymore. (Even though you can still clearly buy it off the site)

Here's the message.

Hello Dakota,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care.

We regret to inform you that we are not longer offering the following
phones:

-HTC One V
-Evo V
-LG Elite
-Chaser
-Samsung Galaxy SII (White)
-Reverb
-Paylo Loft

We confirmed that you have the Samsung Galaxy SII (White), therefore, we
cannot replace it since we do not have it in stock anymore. In this
case, we suggest you to get in contact with our Technical Support
department at the number below. Once you get in contact with them, they
will further assist you.

If you need additional assistance, feel free to let us know how we can
assist further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM from your
handset). You can reach us 4am - 9pm PST 7 days a week. As a reminder,
please include your Virgin Mobile phone number and PIN on all replies.

Thanks,

Edwin C.
Virgin Mobile At Your Service
Prepaid Unlimited Cell Phones - No Contract Phones & Plans | Virgin Mobile

That sucks, but that's what happend when people abuse the system, and start sending the phones for replacement just because they had a bad flash and the phone is in a bootloop, i knew VM sooner or later was going to stop supporting replacements, i think they are the only prepaid carrier that will send you a replacement as many times as you wanted with out a fee or nothing.

Upvote 0
That sucks, but that's what happend when people abuse the system, and start sending the phones for replacement just because they had a bad flash and the phone is in a bootloop, i knew VM sooner or later was going to stop supporting replacements, i think they are the only prepaid carrier that will send you a replacement as many times as you wanted with out a fee or nothing.

Its just that color phone because it's out of stock. They're still offering replacements.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones