• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vm sent me a text about upgraded 3G

Hope we get upgraded 3g in Jacksonville and the state of Florida :cool:. Do any of you think this is because that company (can't remember the name :eek:) acquired 70 percent of sprint and now they're upgrading everything? I think it was called "softbank" or something.

Yeah hopefully it's because of them. Sprint just got like 8 billion in spending money because of them to upgrade their network. Softbank bought 70% of Sprint with 20.1 billion.
Source: Softbank confirms 70 percent Sprint acquisition for $20.1 billion -- Engadget

Upvote 0
This is why I'm getting away from Sprint/VM. They're talking about the end of 2013 as a completion date. As it stands now, if I had to make an emergency call, I'm not guaranteed the call will be heard or understood, the service is so lousy here. And with a family to consider, I'm certainly not waiting until then for reliable service. In a coupe of months, I'm going back to a contract on another carrier. I initially came to save money, but if I'm not getting the service, the money saved is a moot issue.
I hope they update their coverage maps as well. They say one thing, but the truth is another.

Upvote 0
Do any of you think this is because that company (can't remember the name :eek:) acquired 70 percent of sprint and now they're upgrading everything? I think it was called "softbank" or something.

Yeah hopefully it's because of them.

These upgrades aren't related to the proposed Softbank acquisition. All the upgrades that are underway were both planned and financed by Sprint Nextel. Sprint's Network Vision initiative was first announced in December 2010 and has been ongoing since then. You can read more about it and see a couple of photos at the Sprint Network Vision Information Center.

Remember that the Softbank acquisition is still proposed and can't happen until after the proposal receives approval from both the FCC and the Dept. of Justice. Until the merger closes, the companies can't "work together", so any improvements made by Sprint now are being done without Softbank's help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones