• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

srad2drag

Apr 22, 2012
NC
I dont know if this has been brought up before but this is a trick that I normally use on all my phones.If you're like me and hate checking your voicemail and only do it to get rid of the icon at the top of my screen, this will ease the pain some.

Call settings>voicemail settings> *86,,XXXX. The X's indicate your 4 digit code. By inputting the characters above your voicemail password will be dialed automatically. It does save you the trouble if your hands are full.

Reactions: Harplayr
I dont know if this has been brought up before but this is a trick that I normally use on all my phones.If you're like me and hate checking your voicemail and only do it to get rid of the icon at the top of my screen, this will ease the pain some.

Call settings>voicemail settings> *86,,XXXX. The X's indicate your 4 digit code. By inputting the characters above your voicemail password will be dialed automatically. It does save you the trouble if your hands are full.

The commas are key for it to work. ..:) works great, but I still like "you mail."

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Not sure who your carrier is, but with at&t, and T-Mo (not sure why it would be different elsewhere), voice mail settings should allow the disable of passwords. I simply press the voice mail icon, or long press "1" from the phone key pad, and it takes me straight to VM.

That, or just press "Clear" from the notification bar to clear the VM icon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones